Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT.mobile: Requesting DSLoader from wrong directory?

Hi Isomorphic,

I just tried SmartGWT.mobile beta out of curiosity and integrated it in my current EE testcase.
    Setup works so far, thanks to the detailed instructions. One pitfall I had was that I forgot to "<entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.mobile.client.HelloWorld' />". This is done in the samples, I just forgot it.

But I have a question regarding Datasources: My Desktop-testcase as this line in .html:
    <script>var isomorphicDir = "demo4c/sc/";</script>

Whether I add it to mobile.html or not does not matter - the browser always requests "/isomorphic/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=..."

How do I tell the mobile client to use the SC-server in the desktop client directory and not "/isomorphic"?

Thanks,
    Blama

isomorphicDir doesn't apply for SmartGWT.mobile. Use DataSource.setLoaderUrl() to change the URL used for the DataSourceLoader.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks for the answer. I got the DS from ds.xml.
      Now two problems popping up:

1) Mobile doesn't seem to like this Operation-binding definition in .ds.xml, which might be a bug:
      Code:
      <operationBindings>
      	<operationBinding operationType="fetch">
      		<tableClause>T_STUNDEN
      			INNER JOIN T_MODUL ON T_STUNDEN.MODUL_ID = T_MODUL.ID
      			INNER JOIN T_PROJEKT ON T_MODUL.PROJEKT_ID
      			= T_PROJEKT.ID
      		</tableClause>
      	</operationBinding>
      </operationBindings>
      2) If I remove it, I works, but then I get the next problem at fetchData() here:
      Code:
      DataSource.load("T_STUNDEN", new LoadDSCallback() {
      	public void execute(DataSource[] dsList) {
      		// start creating and binding widgets
      		tableView.setDataSource(dsList[0]);
      		tableView.fetchData();
      		}
      });
      It goes to
      Code:
      /isomorphic/RESTHandler?_operationType=fetch&_operationId=&_startRow=0&_endRow=1&_sortBy=&_textMatchStyle=&_oldValues=&_componentId=
      which gives a 404. With DataSource.setDefaultDataURL I can change the URL, but I don't know to what?
      In the directory that handles my DS calls
      Code:
      DataSource.setLoaderUrl("/demo4c/sc/DataSourceLoader");
      there is no "RESTHandler" file/directory. As there is also no "DataSourceLoader" file/directory, I assume that Jetty has some URL Redirection in work here, but I can't find out where the requests go in the end. Could you provide a list of what actually happens in "/[PROJECT]/sc/"?
      DataSource.setDefaultDataURL("/demo4c/sc/RESTHandler") did not solve the problem.

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Hi,

I investigated further and found
        Code:
        <!-- RPCManager uses this URL by default for Built-in DataSource operations -->
        <servlet-mapping>
        	<servlet-name>IDACall</servlet-name>
        	<url-pattern>/demo4c/sc/IDACall/*</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>
        in my web.xml as well as http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...e-summary.html, where I can see "what actually happens in /[PROJECT]/sc/".

Nevertheless, when I set "DataSource.setDefaultDataURL("/demo4c/sc/IDACall/");", I get the error in the console for tableView.fetchData():
        Code:
        === 2012-04-21 10:57:55,913 [l0-0] INFO  RequestContext - URL: '/demo4c/sc/IDACall', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/18.0.1025.162 Safari/535.19': Safari with Accept-Encoding header
        === 2012-04-21 10:57:55,924 [l0-0] ERROR IDACall - Top-level servlet error: 
        java.lang.Exception: Non-RPC request ignored.
        	at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.parseRequest(RPCManager.java:1787)
        	at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.<init>(RPCManager.java:296)
        	at com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCManager.<init>(RPCManager.java:281)
        	at com.isomorphic.servlet.IDACall.processRequest(IDACall.java:116)
        	at com.isomorphic.servlet.IDACall.doGet(IDACall.java:81)
        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        	at com.isomorphic.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:152)
        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1097)
        	at com.isomorphic.servlet.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:259)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle(RequestLogHandler.java:49)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
        	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
        	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
        	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
        === 2012-04-21 10:57:55,926 [l0-0] INFO  Compression - /demo4c/sc/IDACall: 2216 -> 607 bytes
        Do you have an advice on this?

Thanks,
        Blama
        Last edited by Blama; 21 Apr 2012, 02:10.

Comment

Please read the intro docs for SmartGWT.mobile. They explain what RestHandler is.

Comment

Ooops..can't believe I didn't see it. I'll try soon.

Thanks,
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X