Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

File Download : [Transaction in Progress]

I have tried everything I can think of to get a file download to not cause my application to crash. I have used rpc dmi, ds dmi, as well as DataSource.downloadFile(). The rpc dmi was a disaster. The last two leave the rpc watch screen showing [Transaction in Progress] whether the file download is accepted and completes or cancel is pressed.

I am using SmartClient Version: v8.2p_2012-04-26/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2012-04-26)

Here is my code

entity

ds.xml

dmi

client

Granted I am using a custom ds, however I have tried using its base class which is JPA2DataSource with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It appears from the forums I am not the only one having this issue. But there doesn't seem to be a consensus on how to resolve this matter either.
    Last edited by jpappalardo; 24 Sep 2014, 09:33.

When you download a file, we don't get a notification in the browser that the download is complete, so it's expected you'd see [Transaction in Progress] in the RPC tab. Does anything else go wrong with the download?

Comment

so do i need to disable the prompt that shows its connecting to the server, because the prompt stays visible and as its modal and cannot be closed the application is basically just stuck

Comment

That should be automatic, but if not, you can setShowPrompt(false) on the DSRequest Properties you are passing to fetchData().

Comment

Working...
        X