Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGridRecord Serialization issue

Hello,
    I am new to gwt and smartgwt and trying to use ListGrid to show certain records. My RPC call is supposed to return array of MyRecord objects where MyRecord extends ListGridRecord implements IsSerializable. MyRecord class is written in com.test.client package. RPC call takes one object of MyRecord as argument.
    During RPC call from client side, I get com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException which tells me that it fails to serialize MyRecord object.
    If I remove relationship MyRecord extends ListGridRecord and just keep it MyRecord implements IsSerializable then this serialization and RPC call work properly.
    Is it the case that as ListGridRecord is from package com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid and it is client side widget, it can never be used on server side via serialization ? So ListGridRecord is something that should be used only on client side.
    Please help me understand.

Thanks in advance.

SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-12-05/EVAL Deployment (expires 2012.02.03_05.26.06) Licensed to: Isomorphic Software (#ISC_EVAL_NIGHTLY)

Browser : Google Chrome 19.0.1084.46 m

Sounds like you're trying to use GWT-RPC - see the FAQ for why this is a very bad idea (aside from mysterious errors like this one).

Comment

Working...
    X