Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

horizontal sectionstacksection

Hi,

There are some threads in the forums, but they seem to ask for section stack sections which are vertical.
    In screenshot a mockup of what I mean.

I thought it would be easy to add a SectionStackSection as peer of another one. So if Green Cube is clicked, it would also collapse/expand Green Pawn (was my hope). But SectionStackSection isn't a canvas, so I can't use addPeer().
    There isn't an arrow on Green Pawn, but clicking it would also collapse/expand Green Cube.

An other way is to put those 2 sections in a stack themselves, which is a section of the main stack with an invisble section header. And then maintaining the clicks myself. Which sounds like a hassle, so is this somewhat possible to have these 4 sections with just 1 stack?

TIA
    Attached Files

From looking at the screenshot and your description it looks like you want one of the sections in a section stack to be essentially split into 2 columns, which expand and collapse together.

We don't have exactly this built in.

The easiest way to get something very close to this would be to have one of the sections in the stack consist of an HLayout containing the two body items you care about. So you'd get the two columns but you'd just have a single header for them and clicking on the header would expand / collapse the layout (two body items) as a whole.

If this won't work for you (you need the split header as well as the split body), you'll have to come up with an approach of achieving a similar appearance through nesting widgets.
    Your solution described above of creating a separate stack for each section and adding click handlers to expand/collapse together is probably a good approach in this case.

Comment

Working...
    X