Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TimeZone getting problem using smart gwt

Hai ,
    I want to provide TimeZone settings in my application(client application), So, I need to get the Time Zones from the browser using smart Gwt. Please tell me the methods for getting time zones. Actually I have written java coding in smart gwt application as follows,

String timezones[]=java.util.TimeZone.getAvailableIDs();

for(int i=0;i<(timezones.length)-1;i++)
    {

System.out.println(timezones[i]);

}
    but it is not worked out and it is throwing an Exception as follows...
    [ERROR] [timezoneproject] Line 32: No source code is available for type java.util.TimeZone; did you forget to inherit a required module
    [ERROR] [timezoneproject] Hint: Check the inheritance chain from your module; it may not be inheriting a required module or a module may not be adding its source path entries properly

Please give me a solution for this issue.
    Thanks
    Last edited by satish babu; 7 Jun 2012, 01:23.

java.util.Timezone is not supported by GWT.

Look at the TimeZoneConstants and TimeZone api docs.

Thiru.

Comment

Thanks Thiru, But how can I get browser time Zones . I searched all apis but I didn't get solution for that Pls help me for regarding this issue.
      Actually I want provide time zone settings on my client side application and I am using Smart Gwt.

Thanks
      Last edited by satish babu; 7 Jun 2012, 01:24.

Comment

What do you mean by browser Timezone??

Could you explain it with an example what you are trying to achieve ?

Comment

Hai Thiru Good Morning,
          I want to change my application date and time as per browser time zone that means when I select particular region language of browser my application time also should be changed to that particular time zone. This is my requirement, using gwt and smart Gwt. Pls can you give solution for this.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X