Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Parent browser window Session is shared with new window

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-06-10/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2015-06-10)
    Browser Version : IE 11.0.9600.17843

Parent(main) window Session is shared with new browser window (com.google.gwt.user.client.Window.open(url, name))

I want to open new browser window with new session when I click the "New window" button from the smartgwt application. I have used the com.google.gwt.user.client.Window.open(url, name). But the problem is the parent window session is shared in the new window opened also. Any idea how to get the new session for the new window opened in com.google.gwt.user.client.Window.open(url, name).

Thanks

This isn't related to SmartGWT, but instead to your authentication system. Just to give you a quick pointer: if your authentication system uses cookies to transmit session tokens to the server, there's no way to have multiple sessions in different browser Windows. Instead, you would have to configure your authentication system to track sessions based on a URL parameter or other similar mechanism, which could vary across different browser windows or tabs (such as by changing the system-wide RPCManager.actionURL, for example - see docs).

Comment

FYI jaikumar: You could use different browsers or the private browsing mode of your browser. That way you can have two different sessions (private browsing tabs/windows share their cookies).

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X