Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is it possible to have multi-select selectitem with filter?

I have a selectitem that i create like this:
    Code:
    filter = new SelectItem(displayFieldToUse, title);
    filter.setName(criteriaFieldToFilterOn);
    filter.setMultiple(true);
    filter.setMultipleAppearance(MultipleAppearance.PICKLIST);
    filter.setValueField(CommonConstants.FIELD_ID);
    filter.setDisplayField(displayFieldToUse);
    This is because i want the user to select one or several locations from a list. This works, however, there's no way to type in text to filter the amount of entries being displayed in the SelectItem, like you can do for a ComboBoxItem for example.

This is kind of unfortunate, since the list might contain several hundred items sometimes. Is there a way where you can select multiple items from a picklist, and at the same time make it possible for the user to filter the selectable items in the picklist by typing like in the comboboxitem filter?

That would really be something!

It would be something - but what it would be is a bad design ;) Once the user establishes a selection, in order to remove items from the selection, the user would need to search through the whole record set, using filter criteria just to find the records that were already selected, in order to deselect them.

Instead, for a multi-select filterable list, use MultiComboBoxItem, which displays all the currently selected items so the user can easily unselect things. Or, use your own UI in a pop-up Window or similar.

Comment

I hear you. I'll look at the multicombobox. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X