Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

5.1d BatchUploader setGridProperties() API missing

Hi Isomorphic,

5.1d BatchUploader is missing setGridProperties(ListGrid gridProperties), analogous to for example ComboBoxItem.setPickListProperties(ListGrid pickListProperties).
    My use case is that I want to set setAutoFitWidthApproach(AutoFitWidthApproach.BOTH) via the properties. Could you add this API?

I noted that ComboBoxItem has several more API related to its PickList. I don't need those currently, but perhaps you could also add others that make sense in conjunction with BatchUploader.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

The grid is an AutoChild, so a dedicated setGridProperties() API is unnecessary. You just use setAutoChildProperties().

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

great, thank you. I tried
      Code:
              ListGrid properties = new ListGrid();
              properties.setAutoFitWidthApproach(AutoFitWidthApproach.BOTH);
              properties.setOverflow(Overflow.SCROLL);
              batchUploader.setAutoChildProperties("grid", properties);
      which does not work for me (no change of display in current 5.1d nightly. Is my code correct? How do I know the name of the AutoChild-Property (I did not work with AutoChilds so far, I only read about it)?

My goal is to have no ellipsis ("...") in the column headers, but horizontal ListGrid-Scrollbars, if required.

Best regards
      Blama
      Last edited by Blama; 19 Oct 2015, 13:54.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Autofitting (and therefore the AutoChild mechanism as well) works with this code as expected when selecting "Auto fit all columns" from the menu:
        Code:
                ListGrid properties = new ListGrid();
                properties.setAutoFitWidthApproach(AutoFitWidthApproach.BOTH);
                batchUploader.setAutoChildProperties("grid", properties);
        But how do I make it execute this / autofit on load of the .csv data?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

You can discover the available AutoChildren on a component by simply searching its documentation for the term "AutoChild" - this would lead you to getGrid() on the BatchUploader, for example.

Your property setting is working, as you've figured out. But there isn't a static property setting that would cause a grid to re-run autofitting with the way this data is provided to the grid. Instead, you need to use getGrid() and explicitly ask for autofitting after the data is shown.

Comment

OK thank you. I'll do that then.

For the AutoChilds: "getGrid()" -> "grid"? So the rule is always "remove the 'get' and lowercase the 1st letter"?

Thank you,
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X