Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

5.1d BatchUploader Commit- and Cancel-IButton HLayout

Hi Isomorphic,

could you add a getter for the HLayout that contains the Commit and Cancel buttons one can see after uploading the file? I'd like to add more buttons there.

Also, could you show the code for the upload button or explain how I can react on "Batch Uploader sent data to server and ListGrid is filled"? Is there some Callback (on the IButton) or addEventHandler (on the BatchUploader) I could use?
    On that event I'd use the suggested BatchUploader.getCommitButtonHLayout() to add buttons to the Layout and also show a SC.say window depending on some settings and errors in the BatchUploader.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

First, take a look at the advice in the AutoChildUsage doc about how far it is reasonable and safe to take AutoChild customization. Even if the button layout were exposed as an AutoChild (which we are reluctant to do - it commits us to a particular layout structure which we may want to change in the future), you would still be well into the realm of customization that could break in future versions, and bordering on "hacks".

A better approach, if you are looking for more control over the UI of the BatchUploader, is to use the server-side APIs of the tools.DataImport class, which are the ones that BatchUploader uses to do it's work.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK, I'll use the built in BatchUploader then at first and perhaps switch to a self constructed BatchUploader-widget if this becomes necessary, as I currently don't have the time to create an own one.
      I had a look at tools.DataImport and I'm pretty sure I'll have more questions if I really go down that road sometime.

Thanks for the advice and & Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X