Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Inline images in a rich text field

Hi,

I am looking for a rich text field where I can have inline images and also inline links. I have searched the forum and only found some old hits where it is suggested to implement a third party tool like TinyMCE or fckEditor like here:
    http://forums.smartclient.com/forum/...h-image-upload

Is this still the recommended way of doing inline images, links and other custom formatting in a rich text field?

Yes - this approach is still the recommended way to handle features such as this which are not supported by the shipped RichTextItem / RichTextEditor

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi,

Would it be possible for me to create my own custom button/control that I can add to the toolbar? I basically just need a button that can strike through text and one that creates links. It seems like a lot of work to switch editor just to add a few simple controls.

Comment

Via the AutoChild system, you could get access to the toolbar and insert your own button. Not enough is documented about how to interact with the actual underlying rich text area (provided by the browser) to allow you to modify it without some fairly serious hacking. And there is no way for us to reasonable document this area as we've had to switch implementations multiple times to accommodate browser bugs and behavior changes. This is why the recommendation remains to use a third-party control if you want more than basic rich text editing.

Comment

Working...
        X