No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

the last post is just about validator.addErrorMessageVariable("errorMessage", myLocalizedErrorMessage). I found a related thread, which unfortunately does not help.

The return new DSResponse().setFailure(myLocalizedMessage) is working as expected, thank you.
    For anyone interested:
    Code:
    public class I18n {
        public static String getString(String key, HttpServletRequest httpServletRequest) {
            /* Use the following line in development, when you want to add strings in a running Tomcat instance without restarting Tomcat */
            // ResourceBundle.clearCache();
            ResourceBundle labels = null;
            // Find the first matching language from the request
            for (Enumeration<Locale> e = httpServletRequest.getLocales(); e.hasMoreElements();) {
                Locale currentLocale = e.nextElement();
                labels = ResourceBundle.getBundle("com.mypackage.server.i18n.I18n", currentLocale);
                if (labels.getLocale().getLanguage().equals(currentLocale.getLanguage()))
                    break;
            }
            return labels.getString(key);
        }
    }
    Plus files I18n_??-utf8.properties and following ant-target:
    Code:
            <echo>Converting server i18n files (UTF-8 to ASCII)</echo>
            <exec executable="${java.sdk}/bin/native2ascii.exe">
                <arg value="-encoding" />
                <arg value="UTF-8" />
                <arg value="${basedir}/src/com/mypackage/server/i18n/I18n_de-utf8.properties" />
                <arg value="${basedir}/src/com/mypackage/server/i18n/I18n_de.properties" />
            </exec>
            <exec executable="${java.sdk}/bin/native2ascii.exe">
                <arg value="-encoding" />
                <arg value="UTF-8" />
                <arg value="${basedir}/src/com/mypackage/server/i18n/I18n_en-utf8.properties" />
                <arg value="${basedir}/src/com/mypackage/server/i18n/I18n_en.properties" />
            </exec>
    Thank you & Best regards
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 10 Dec 2015, 07:17.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

how can I do the same thing for serverside DMI validation?

The signature of my DMI validator is:
    Code:
    public boolean condition(Object value, Validator validator, String fieldName, Map<Object, Object> record, DataSource ds)
    I can't get the request's locale here, can I? validator.getLanguage() is completely unrelated.

I want to to this:
    Code:
    validator.addErrorMessageVariable("errorMessage", myLocalizedErrorMessage);
    Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Use standard Java techniques - the current Locale is accessible from the ServletRequest.

Leave a comment:

• Blama
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic,

I saw that. Sorry for not being more clear.
    I meant DMI Validation or DSResponse-Errormessages like return new DSResponse().setFailure(myLocalizedMessage);

So where I return from Java code, but have the incoming DSRequest and HttpServletRequest available.

Best regards
    Blama

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Hi Blama,
    Did you see the docs here?

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Leave a comment:

• Best Practice: localization internationalization i18n of server-returned strings

Hi Isomorphic,

how is server side string i18n best done (e.g. builtin .ds.xml-validator error message)? I could think of two ways:
    • Transfer technical string/stringID from server to client, have lookup to translated string on the clientside
    • Transfer current language with each RPCRequest, return already localized string from the server
    If the way you use is the latter, do you have stub that shows the mechanism (get language, then get translation)?

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama
Working...
X