Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

after install/import builtinds sample extremely slow/delays

I just installed the latest version of smartgwt (smartgwtee-3.0p) along with GWT 2.4. I followed the directions for importing the builtinds sample project into Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2 - everything was brought up to the latest versions. I'm running this all on Mac OS X Lion.

After getting it successfully imported, I ran the BuiltinDS app from within Eclipse and used Google Chrome as the browser, pointed at http://127.0.0.1:8888/BuiltInDS.html...127.0.0.1:9997 as directed by the google plugin runtime.

The app does run without any errors (outside of the warnings about not finding jars in the web app but in the system classpath). That said, it runs incredibly slow with long pauses when selecting a datasource. In general, it takes between 8 and 15 seconds to populate the tree.

I notice on average about 8-10 seconds of nothing after I click on the "Office Supplies" data source item in the list (after I had already clicked on the "Animals" source. In those 8-10 seconds, I see absolutely nothing in the console log. On a lark, I put a System.out.println in the onRecordClick() handler for the DataSource listGrid. When I run this and click on one of the data sources, I don't see my system.out.println output in the console until after the 8-10 second pause completes - then I see it and all of the rest of the log messages being written. The delays continue after selecting any of the other data sources in that listgrid - animals, employees, and office supplies). The delays aren't uniform in length, but they are always noticeable - at least 5-10 seconds each time.

Is this normal behavior for this app? It would seem that the onRecordClick would be called almost immediately after I click on an item in that list.
    Last edited by bjvetter; 8 Jul 2012, 14:31.

I tried a different sample application (the JPADS sample) to see if the same thing happens there. It works just fine. So the problem doesn't appear to be with my specific Eclipse install or my GWT libraries/plugin. It appears to be with this particular application.

So either these long delays are normal for this application (I can't believe that) or something else is wrong.

Comment

Due to bugs in Chrome (see FAQ), Chrome is very slow in development mode - much slower than other browsers. The problem may be even worse on a Mac.

Comment

Working...
      X