No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid setClipHeaderTitles issue

Version: SmartGWT Power 5.0p
    Browser: Chrome

I am trying to disable clipping of header title for some of my listgrids. I tried calling setClipHeaderTitles(false) on the listgird, but the header titles are still clipped and the ellipsis appears and when I hover on the title, the full title is shown on the hover.

I could disable the hover by calling setShowClippedHeaderTitlesOnHover(false). Some of my columns are narrow (3 or 4 character narrow columns) and all I end up is the ellipsis alone. I would rather have the last character cut rather than just seeting ... in the grid titles.

It sounds like you are simply setting a width that is too narrow, which of course means the ellipsis becomes the entire title. Just set a larger width, or use listGridField.autoFitWidth (and autoFitWidthApproach) to fit to the title.

Also note: you neglected to provide basic information (full version, etc). Please be sure to provide this information in the future.

Comment

Isomorphic - Thanks for your quick response. Please find below the exact version details:

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-12-19/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2015-12-19)

Please find attached the screenshots of the same grid using 5.0p and 3.0 (v8.2p_2013-04-02/PowerEdition Deployment 2013-04-02)

Grid 1 - 5.0 Version:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Grid1_5.0p.gif
Views:	31
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	233773

Grid 1 - 3.0 Version:

Name:	Grid1_3.0p.gif
Views:	47
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	233774

I have tried using setClipHeaderTitles(false) on the grid using 5.0p, but looks like it is getting ignored.

Below is another grid between the two versions.

Grid 2 - 5.0 Version:

Name:	Grid2_5.0p.gif
Views:	43
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	233776

Grid 2 - 3.0 Version:

Name:	Grid2_3.0p.gif
Views:	54
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	233777
      I want to disable clipping of the header titles and the appearance of the ellipsis. Please let me know how I can achieve the same.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

Is there any other solution for me to not have the ellipsis shown in the grid title?

Comment

The correct way to prevent the ellipsis is calling setClipHeaderTitles(false). The issue related to this setting has been solved.

The fix will be available in builds dated January 06 and later.

Regards
          Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi guys,
            We are in a similar case but with a much more recent version of smartgwt 6.1p20170630.
            We have added setClipHeaderTitles(false) as stated in the document but no success.

Any suggestion of additional tests ?

thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

Seee the FAQ for how to report bugs. We've already fixed the only reproducible problem so we need information that would allow us to reproduce this new problem (if it's indeed a framework issue).

Comment

Working...
              X