Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGridFields with no manually defined hover show hover on ListGrid GroupingRow

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this online showcase sample (v10.1p_2015-12-18/LGPL) and do the following steps:
    • Click "Show Hover on every cell"
    • Right-click Flag Header (or any other Header) to group by that column.
    • See that in every grouping row, for every field but "Government", the Hover value with the grouping-"[+]" or "[-]" is displayed.
    I think this does not happen for the "Government"-ListGridField, because it has a manually defined HoverCustomizer.
    IMHO the default hover should take into consideration if the ListGrid is grouped or not.

Tested with GC47.

Best regards
    Blama

This is quite minor/cosmetic, but we'll queue it up to be fixed sometime in the new year.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is only minor for me as well.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

We made this change for builds dated January 3 and later

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

FYI: This is not fixed for me using v10.1p_2016-01-03. I'll retry with today's version.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

using v10.1p_2016-01-07/PowerEdition I see changed behavior in the showcase and in my application:
            The grouping icon is removed from the hover, but the hover is still displayed with the group's title. There should be no hover at all.

This has low priority for me.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

There should be no hover at all *where*? In this case, field-values are not being displayed in group-rows - group-rows are effectively "single-cell" rows. In this case, we show the group-title for the whole row.

Is that what you mean?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I made a screenshot, this should be more easy than explaining. Click image for larger version

Name:	Hover_displayed_on_grouping_row.png
Views:	52
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	233961

The hover should not be there (same for the Country-field and the Flag-field in the grouping row).

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

FYI: It worked for the Government field before, there was no hover displayed initially. After the change, all fields have the same issue.

Comment

Right - that's what we were saying. All cells in group-rows are treated as the group node for hovering purposes.

The reason your Government column didn't show a hover previously was that your hover method was being incorrectly applied to it - the group-row didn't have a value for that field (or the other fields), as expected.

Comment

If you click "Show Hover on Government cells only", you'll get the hover in the grouping row only at the Government-column, not on the other two.
                      Is this behavior in sync with "All cells in group-rows are treated as the group node for hovering purposes."?
                      Even if it is, I think it would be nice (an enhancement then, not a bugfix), that no hover is displayed on the grouping row (or only on the 1st field).

In mode "Show Hover on Government cells only" it is not clear to the end user, why one column has a hover and another has not. That is how I noticed issue in the 1st place.

Best regards
                      Blama

Comment

Ah, we see what you mean - we'll take a look in the coming days and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                        X