Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

3.1d datasource collisions

Hi all,

I have an app I've been developing on smartgwt 3.0 version using the nightlies. I just decided to try the 3.1d version and grabbed the 2012-07-16 nightly.

I have implemented all my data sources as static singletons and everything works properly with 3.0 version. Now with 3.1 version I'm getting

Code:
    ClassFactory.addGlobalID: ID:'Role' for object '[RestDataSource ID:Role]' collides with ID of existing object '[RestDataSource ID:Role]'. The global reference to this object will be replaced
    .. from about every data source in the application.

I got these with 3.0 version too when I really had an ID collide (accidentally set the same ID for two different data sources for example) but for some reason 3.1d reports these all the time ? Any idea why ?

--
    Marko

It may in fact be a real collision, we improved the error detection approach.

Can you show sample code that produces a warning that is clearly not a valid warning?

Comment

Well, something as simple as this results to few errors:

Code:
              DataSource ds = new DataSource();
              ListGrid g = new ListGrid();
              g.setDataSource(ds);

DataSource ds2 = new DataSource();
              ds2.setID("foobar");
              ListGrid g2 = new ListGrid();
              g2.setDataSource(ds2);
      Hosted mode log shows as follows:

00:06:02.994 [ERROR] 14:27:46.947:WARN:Log:ClassFactory.addGlobalID: ID:'isc_DataSource_0' for object '[DataSource ID:isc_DataSource_0]' collides with ID of existing object '[DataSource ID:isc_DataSource_0]'. The global reference to this object will be replaced
      at com.smartgwt.client.data.DataSource.create(DataSource.java)
      at com.smartgwt.client.core.BaseClass.getOrCreateJsObj(BaseClass.java:112)
      at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.ListGrid.setDataSource(ListGrid.java:15501)

00:06:03.010 [ERROR] 14:27:46.963:WARN:Log:ClassFactory.addGlobalID: ID:'foobar' for object '[DataSource ID:foobar]' collides with ID of existing object '[DataSource ID:foobar]'. The global reference to this object will be replaced
      at com.smartgwt.client.data.DataSource.create(DataSource.java)
      at com.smartgwt.client.core.BaseClass.getOrCreateJsObj(BaseClass.java:112)
      at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.grid.ListGrid.setDataSource(ListGrid.java:15501)

- smartgwt 3.1d 2012-07-16 nightly, gwt 2.4.0
      - firefox 3.6.28, osx lion

Comment

Same thing

Same thing happens to me
        Last edited by danigt; 17 Jul 2012, 08:10.

Comment

Same here. I have some other issues with 3.1 as well. The Calendar being extremely slow is one of them. It is very quick in 3.0 but 3.1 seems to be very slow (at least in dev mode).

Comment

We think this false collision warning is now fixed - try the next nightly.

Please ignore dev mode performance (it's meaningless) but let us know if you see actual slowdowns and can provide a way to reproduce the problem.

Comment

The latest nightly build definitely fixed the collision id issue. The calendar seems better as well in dev mode but it may be placebo :)

Comment

I can also confirm that the latest nightly fixes the issue. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X