Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Using Debug Modules

While researching another post I downloaded and created an example with the latest nightly build (SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2016-01-21/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2016-01-21)).

While doing so, I noticed that the SmartClient modules are included via a generated file (LoadScriptTagFiles.js), which I gather is to work around an issue when working in SuperDev Mode.

However, the generated file always seems to want to load the runtime versions of the SmartClient modules. I can force the debug versions to load by replacing the reference to LoadScriptTagFiles.js in BuiltInDS.html with my own script tags to load the debug modules, but I'm pretty sure there's probably a more preferred way to do this. I have read the Using the Debug Modules docs and step into these modules on a daily basis while debugging our app in our (slightly) older version of the framework (SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-10-19/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2015-10-19)).

So, I'm not entirely stuck, but of you wouldn't mind, please, giving me a shove in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the Debug Modules SGWT help topic. The problem is that you need to change your module definition(s) as mentioned in that topic. That should cause the appropriate debug sources to be picked up. However, we did notice a build error affecting the debug module approach, so please update from the next nightlies (dated 2016-01-24 or later) to ensure your build works.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try the new build.

Our regular mechanism is to change the <inherits> line in the module definition, and add the useDebugModules attribute in our HTML, so this is what I tried previously. When this didn't work for me I reverted to explicitly specifying the debug modules. Perhaps the problem is satisfied by the change you made, so I will pick up that build and carry on.

Thanks again for the response.

Comment

Working...
      X