Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problems upgrading from SmartGWT 4.x to SmartGWT 5.x LGPL edition

Hello,
    I recently upgraded my application from SmartGWT 4.X to Smart GWT 5.x for better support of IE 11 specific browser issues .After i upgraded i started seeing strange issues

The issue which is a show stopper right now is below

Getting the below JS error on IE 11 when doing a DataSource Fetch Operation , the DS operation is successful but getting the below error in the console and an exception on the screen

Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (ReferenceError) @com.smartgwt.client.data.DataSource::fetchData()([]): 'criteria' is undefined
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:249)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:571)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:299)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
    at com.smartgwt.client.data.DataSource.fetchData(DataSource.java)
    at com.smartgwt.client.data.DataSource.fetchData(DataSource.java:3085)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.DataArrivedEvent.dispatch(DataArrivedEvent.java:110)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.events.DataArrivedEvent.dispatch(DataArrivedEvent.java:1)
    at com.google.gwt.event.shared.GwtEvent.dispatch(GwtEvent.java:1)
    at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus.dispatchEvent(EventBus.java:40)
    at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.doFire(SimpleEventBus.java:193)
    at com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus.fireEvent(SimpleEventBus.java:88)
    at com.google.gwt.event.shared.HandlerManager.fireEvent(HandlerManager.java:127)
    ... 26 more

Any help on this would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sid

Please remember to specify your full version (not just 5.x - full version with build date).

It looks like you may be calling the zero-argument version of DataSource.fetchData() - this method makes no sense and should not have existed, so it was deprecated in later builds. Most likely, you can simply remove the code that was calling this method because it was not achieving any purpose; if you think there's actually a purpose to the code, call one of the versions that takes a callback, and pass a callback that does nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Isomorphic ..

We just grabbed the latest nightly build , the version is

<groupId>com.isomorphic.smartgwt.lgpl</groupId>
      <artifactId>smartgwt-lgpl</artifactId>
      <version>5.0-p20160212</version>

We will try your suggestion and get back ..

Thanks,
      Sid

Comment

Working...
      X