Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Tabs look strange in 6.0 showcase

Please take a look at the attached screenshot, from your showcase in Safari and Chrome. The tabs look really strange to me (clicking on a tab results in vertical-off focus bars), is this really intentional??
    Attached Files

No input here? It's easy to reproduce, just go into the live showcase, click around on any example with tabs.

Comment

+1 (Chrome on OSX)
      those bars (on focus) appeared in SmartClient 10.1, in 10.0 they weren't there.

Comment

We've fixed it, and the fix will be rolled out to the website Showcase(s) soon.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Just a note that what you two are seeing is the built-in browser focus indicator in MacOSX. It didn't appear in any particular version of our software. We're now overriding it selectively since we agree it looks terrible with some components.

Comment

Actually with Chrome on OSX I see the focus indicator in 10.1 but not in 10.0, as you may see in this video:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YokJLyviurI

Comment

It is not true that it always has looked like this. It started recently. It looks like this in our app only when we test the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                We're now overriding it selectively since we agree it looks terrible with some components.
                Much better, thank you.

Comment

Hello, I think that the focus indicator on Mac OSX is a bit excessive around buttons too, isn't it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9851.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	236634

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
                    Hello, I think that the focus indicator on Mac OSX is a bit excessive around buttons too, isn't it?

Hello, I am the only one having this feeling?

Same thing with grid's HeaderButtons of course.

Comment

This is what MacOS focus indicators look like across multiple applications, and it's also roughly how Chrome looks in Windows.

You might, due to unusual settings, be seeing something different from what others are seeing. A screenshot would make it clear.

Comment

Button screenshot:

Name:	425327719_17535568734934815916.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	240119

HeaderButton:

Name:	425430955_15506414312268233511.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	240120

both from #autoFitMinsMaxsNewSample, Chrome on OSX, build: SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-09-07/Enterprise Development Only (built 2016-09-07)

Comment

Looks like MacOSX typical styling. Go to eg Google.com, then tab down to where they have Privacy / Settings / etc buttons in a toolbar (the other elements have custom styling). You'll see the same styling you see above.

Of course, if you think OSX default styling just doesn't look good, the skinning system allows you to customize the focus styling.

Comment

Well, yes, you're right about that, I only raised the problem because Firefox on OSX doesn't show those outlines, so I thought there was some style overriding them (which wasn't working on Chrome)

Comment

Working...
                            X