Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How to select and upload a file on button click in smartgwt

One of the requirement is to upload a file on button click. So I would like implement that user has to select and upload a file on button click instead of using UploadItem and submit button. Is there any possibility of implementing this in smartgwt ?

I know the server side implementaion of upload file part.. (servlet). Struggling only on client side about input control.

How could i open "File System dialog" on button click ??

Help me..! Looking forward for your reply..Thanks.
    Last edited by RIDEM; 28 Mar 2016, 06:37.

Hi RIDEM,

if I understand correctly you want not to have the "Submit"-button and upload immediately after selecting the file in the file chooser dialog?
    If so, did you try to add a onChange-handler on the UploadItem or the DynamicForm? This would be my first test.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thanks for your reply Blama..

I will test and reply back about your suggestion - adding ChangeHandler. on UploadItem.

Before that.. Is there any possibility to open the File chooser dialog on button click?

Comment

Hi RIDEM,

in this sample there is the "Dateien auswählen" Button. Perhaps you can put it as the only item in a DynamicForm and get rid of the title and the other strings.
        Please note that you should most likely use FileItem and not UploadItem.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X