Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Eclipse and Server javadoc display

Hi all,

is anyone able to get the *Server* Javadoc displayed in Eclipse when hovering a class like e.g. DSRequest?
    I tried this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Should_work.PNG
Views:	49
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	236447

and also linking the online docs there with "http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee-5.1/server/javadoc/".
    Eclipse says then it *should* work, but when hovering I get:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	236448

The log in C:\Users\myuser\workspace\.metadata\.log says:
    Code:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.ui 4 10001 2016-04-01 11:48:35.092
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 1
    Java Model Exception: Java Model Status [Unknown javadoc format for DSResponse {key=Lcom/isomorphic/datasource/DSResponse;} [in DSResponse.class [in com.isomorphic.datasource [in C:\Users\myuser\workspace\lib\smartgwtpower-5.1p\lib\isomorphic_core_rpc.jar]]]]
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavadocContents.getTypeDoc(JavadocContents.java:81)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.BinaryType.getAttachedJavadoc(BinaryType.java:999)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.javadoc.JavadocContentAccess2.getHTMLContent(JavadocContentAccess2.java:533)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.getHoverInfo(JavadocHover.java:721)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.internalGetHoverInfo(JavadocHover.java:639)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavadocHover.getHoverInfo2(JavadocHover.java:631)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.BestMatchHover.getHoverInfo2(BestMatchHover.java:163)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.BestMatchHover.getHoverInfo2(BestMatchHover.java:129)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.text.java.hover.JavaEditorTextHoverProxy.getHoverInfo2(JavaEditorTextHoverProxy.java:85)
        at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewerHoverManager$4.run(TextViewerHoverManager.java:166)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jdt.core 4 1009 2016-04-01 11:48:35.092
    !MESSAGE Unknown javadoc format for DSResponse {key=Lcom/isomorphic/datasource/DSResponse;} [in DSResponse.class [in com.isomorphic.datasource [in C:\Users\myuser\workspace\lib\smartgwtpower-5.1p\lib\isomorphic_core_rpc.jar]]]
    Is anyone able to see the javadoc for Server classes in Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2)?

I can see the javadoc for client classes, but this due to the fact that the smartgwtpower.jar contains .java files with javadoc and not .class files.

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

I get the same exception you do when using 6.0p 2016-03-31 and Eclipse Mars.2 (4.5.2)...

Comment

Hi Isomorphic. Do you have any pointers to solve this issue?
      I must add that the javadoc jars are being downloaded correctly by Maven and placed where expected in my local repository. But whenever I try to display the Javadocs for any server side class, I get the same error Blama reported originally.
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X