Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Client side criteria on TileGrid

The criteria seem not to work, since I am getting all records back, ignoring setInitialCriteria().

Edit: fetchData(c) seems to work. But setInitialCriteria() not ?

TestingModule:
    Code:
    public void onModuleLoad() {

VStack vStack = new VStack(20);
            vStack.setWidth100();

final TileGrid tileGrid = new TileGrid();
            tileGrid.setTileWidth(158);
            tileGrid.setTileHeight(225);
            tileGrid.setHeight(400);
            tileGrid.setID("boundList");
            tileGrid.setCanReorderTiles(true);
            tileGrid.setShowAllRecords(true);
            tileGrid.setDataSource(AnimalXmlDS.getInstance());
            tileGrid.setAutoFetchData(true);
            tileGrid.setAnimateTileChange(true);

DetailViewerField commonNameField = new DetailViewerField("commonName");
            commonNameField.setCellStyle("commonName");

DetailViewerField lifeSpanField = new DetailViewerField("lifeSpan");
            lifeSpanField.setCellStyle("lifeSpan");
            lifeSpanField.setDetailFormatter(new DetailFormatter() {
                public String format(Object value, Record record, DetailViewerField field) {
                    return "Lifespan: " + value;
                }
            });

DetailViewerField statusField = new DetailViewerField("status");
            tileGrid.setFields(commonNameField, lifeSpanField, statusField);

vStack.addMember(tileGrid);

Criteria c = new Criteria();
            c.addCriteria("status", "Not Endangered");
            tileGrid.setInitialCriteria(c);

HLayout hLayout = new HLayout(10);
            hLayout.setHeight(22);

vStack.addMember(hLayout);

vStack.draw();
        }
    Using smartgwt 6.0p 06.04 power

Have you been able to reproduce the issue ?

Comment

initialCriteria was added to DBC principally for use in ListGrid, where it has special applicability due to the FilterEditor. For the TileGrid, there doesn't appear to be a reason to use this API. For completeness, we'll make it work there too, but it should not be a blocker for you.

Comment

It is difficult to know when an API call is working or not (for example in this case).
        So when using it, I was wondering why the criteria were being ignored so I had to create a test case for isolating the problem.
        Of course, I could have used fetchData(c) with autoFetchCriteria(false), but how to know that setInitialCriteria() is not working?
        I know that now, after isolating the problem creating a test case. So now I use that. But only after creating the test case.

So yes, this is not a blocker for me now (after isolating the problem), but I still think that if an API call is available then it should work :-)
        Last edited by edulid; 20 Apr 2016, 00:48.

Comment

Obviously. That's why we are going to support it, as we've already said.

Comment

Well, after trying to reproduce your problem we found out that the initialCriteria is working in TileGrids, but there is a problem in the example code that you provided. When we ran the example we got a warning in the developer console (it also can be seen in the javascript console):
            WARN:Log:Cannot change configuration property 'initialCriteria' to [object Object] now that component boundList has been created.

This happens when you try to modify an attribute annotated as IR to a widget that has been initialized.
            If we change the code to set the initialCriteria just before adding the TileGrid to the VStack with addMember, everything works as expected.

Comment

Working...
            X