Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Enhancement suggestion: Batch Uploader filetype restriction (or binary xls warning)

Hi Isomorphic,

it would be great if it were possible to restrict the filetype of files for the BatchUploader, perhaps with a SelectItem that lets the user select from "*.txt", "*.csv", "*.csv, *.txt", "*.*" (configurable).
    In the "Select File"-native browser item the list should be restricted then to the Selection. I know that this is possible, but I do not know if it is possible without flash. Most likely not.

If it is not possible, it would be great if you could run a small detection for binary Excel files on the serverside and warn the user then.
    Currently I get a popup saying "Some rows could not be parsed; the grid below shows 86 of 172. Row number 2 was the first row to fail to be parsed" and an all-cells-error ListGrid with many many rows.
    I found a page listing common file headers here.
    A warning "You uploaded an Excel xls file. Please save your data as a csv file and re-upload" would be better IMHO.

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Isomorphic,

reading this thread I assume the-"filetype restriction"-part of my suggestion is already possible using the BatchUploader.getUploadForm()-autoChild. Is that true?
    If not, could you make the upload-FileItem an autoChild?

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Already there: the AutoChild is called uploadFileItem. You may be looking at an older version.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

having a look at the current 6.1d docs it seems you are adding this feature as getErrorMessageExcelFileDetected.

Thanks a lot
        Blama

Comment

Working...
        X