Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGwt - mobile - iPad size issues with Popover and 2 * ScrollablePanel

com.smartgwt.mobile.client.widgets.Popover is too small for iPad (for smartgwt-mobile.jar 14-apr-2016)

1. How can I increase Popover size ? It looks good on smartphones but ignores all the growing commands on iPad
    Code:
            popover.setWidth( "100px"); //300
            popover.setHeight( "100px");//"400px"); //300
    and even CSS commands (with or without !important)
    Code:
    .popover{
        max-width: 650px !important;
        max-height: 400px !important;
    }
    #BioPopover{
        max-width: 800px !important;
        max-height: 500px !important;
        width: 800px !important;
        height: 500px !important;
    }
    2. Workaround - I tried to use 2 * ScrollablePanel(s) but
    - ScrollablePanel do not accept (at runtime) to be a simple widget in a Panel or VLayout
    - ScrollablePanel always occupy the full screen starting at top = 0, overwriting anything on screen (so he can only contain everything else)
    - workaround final solution for iPad = ScrollablePanel with 2 Panels and butons for user to decide for other solutions, including new page

3. What other popups (no size limits) with scrollable areas do you have in the library ?

Any news for
    - increasing the size of the popover ? How to make it with larger width on landscape tablets ?

- adding more buttons except Cancel and Done ?
    the function .setButtons add buttons inside the popover not on the title bar next to Cancel and Done
    The content of the popover is over the buttons (even separated with VLayout)
    You should add a text to your example at http://smartgwt-mobile.smartclient.c...Popover;dialog to see the issue

Workaround (I started to use other packages on the market and native programming - I have 5 source codes now and feel much better no matter the cost)
    Last edited by dorin.ionescu; 8 Dec 2016, 08:13. Reason: I downloaded today's jar and started some new tests to see what changed from 7 may 2016 when I started this

Comment

Working...
    X