Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

TypeError: _4 is null problem at updateCache

I wouldn't doubt that this my problem, but I'm struggling to understand what's happening here and why.

I sometimes get the following stack trace after an update on some ListGrid. I'm still trying to isolate the problem more specifically, but I think it would help me to do that if I could get a hand interpreting the error. Apologies for not having a better handle on it just yet.

3.1d 2012-08-10

Code:
    13:13:54.984:XRP4:WARN:Log:TypeError: _4 is null
    Stack from error.stack:
        unnamed(isc_ResultSet_updateCacheDat) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1608
        unnamed(isc_ResultSet_updateCach) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1600
        unnamed(isc_ResultSet_handleUpdat) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1595
        unnamed(isc_ResultSet_dataSourceDataChange) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1591
        unnamed(anonymou) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:69
        unnamed(isc_DataSource_updateCache) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:411
        unnamed(isc_c_DataSource_handleUpdat) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:308
        unnamed(isc_DataSource_fireResponseCallback) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:617
        unnamed(isc_DataSource__completeResponseProcessin) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:616
        unnamed(isc_DataSource__handleSCServerRepl) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:2012
        unnamed(isc_c_Class_fireCallbac) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:339
        unnamed(isc_Class_fireCallbac) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:442
        unnamed(isc_c_RPCManager_fireReplyCallbac) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1401
        unnamed() @ :224
        unnamed(isc_c_RPCManager_fireReplyCallback) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1406
        unnamed(isc_c_RPCManager_performOperationRepl) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1400
        unnamed(isc_c_RPCManager__performTransactionRepl) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1393
        unnamed(isc_c_RPCManager_performTransactionRepl) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1350
        unnamed(anonymou) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:63
        unnamed(isc_c_Class_fireCallbac) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:339
        unnamed(isc_c_Comm_performXmlTransactionRepl) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1405
        unnamed(anonymou) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:63
        unnamed(isc_c_Comm__fireXMLCallbac) @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1378
        unnamed() @ ipgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js?isc_version=7.0.js:1390
        unnamed() @

It's not quite clear what's going on but it might be a server result being returned that has no primaryKey values, or or might be something like calling invalidateCache() at a sensitive / invalid time.

Enabling the "ResultSet" log should help clarify.

Also, what browser gave you that stack trace?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Also, what browser gave you that stack trace?
      Heavy sigh. Firefox. I went to double check the minor version and found that I have been mysteriously and unwillingly updated to 14.0.1 from 13.x. The GWT plugin had of course not been updated to match... So I did that just now and this particular problem seems to have gone away.

Sincere apologies for the noise. I should have known.

Comment

I've had the same issue with v8.3p_2014-06-27/PowerEdition Deployment, on Firefox and Chrome browsers. (Probably all browsers, but these were tried.)

It was caused by having an instantiated ListGrid that was added to, then later removed from the DOM. As part of the navigation logic, I removed the components not visible to the user. (Then later re-added them again when the user navigated to that screen again.)
        When I modified this code to hide components instead of removing them, the issue was fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X