Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Widget Hover Causes Canvas to Resize/redraw

Using LGPL version.

I notice each time a hover message is displayed by hovering over a widget then onResize events occur.. Typically these flash the screen with and without extra scroll bars once, and then finally settle looking just like it started. I will do more study to find out whether it is an individual instance of a portlet, or whether it is the portlet layout, or whether its the underlying Layout where the first onResize is coming from, but I thought you might know of a means to easily unhitch onResize from occurring as a result of hover situations occurring. Thanks in advance, Jim W.
    Attached Files

Your screenshot shows a hover, but no scrollbars - unless those blue things are custom scrollbars of some kind?

It's not normal that browser-level scrollbars would appear just due to a hover. This may indicate a problem with some CSS you've added to the page. However, if you don't want to try to figure out the root cause, and you never want browser-level scrolling (which we recommend), you can just set the <body> tag in your HTML to overflow:hidden.

Comment

The blue bars on right/bottom are a separate problem, and thank you for the overflow:hidden trick, maybe that will resolve that other issue.

Relating to the hover causing scroll-bars to show and then disappear, this is happening within a portal that is opened inside a portal layout (or is it portlet?). Each of these individual application areas get onResize events whenever a widget inside them is hovered-upon. I thought it only happened if the hover text fell outside the portal area, however, it seems to happen even if the hover text can fit entirely inside the portal area. How does the display of the hover message trigger a resize event, and is there any control over this behavior?

Thanks, Jim

Comment

We don't have an onResize event in the SmartGWT API. Please be specific about what APIs you are talking about - maybe you mean the Window.onResize event from GWT? If so, we have no control over when that fires and it may indeed fire erroneously.

You should explain what notification you are looking for and what you are going to do with it, and we can point to an appropriate use of SmartGWT.

Comment

Working...
        X