Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How an external server can get grid data from SGWT back-end in JSON format

We have SmartClient_v100p_2015-06-03_Enterprise up & running. Now an external server needs to get data from the SGWT Back End. I composed for the external server an XMLHTTPReqest that make it to receive right data. My problem is that that data should be in JSON format. How can i do it? Should i include something into XMLHTTPReqest? I think currently data format is "iscServer".
    Any clue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the QuickStart Guide, specifically the RESTHandler servlet, which allows you to access data from any DataSource declared as a .ds.xml file via a simple REST API, including both JSON and XML formats.

Comment

Thank you. I'll try to use ds.xml. Meanwhile, I've managed somehow to handle JSon conversion on client side. Currently, i stuck on getting correct "isc_tnum" value in my XMLHTTPRequest to get data source. Now Request DS' null, that because i can't get proper 'value' for "&isc_tnum=value" parameter. It might be that i need get this value from another RPC call. Any clue how to get isc_tnum? Again, this external UI server trying to get Isomorphic DS data from Isomorphic Back End. It's only works when I copy&paste real isc_tnum from real SGWT UI session request & use in external request. But i can't make it work INDEPEDENLY for external UI session as i don't now where to get isc_tnum from.
      Would be very appreciated for any advise.

Comment

Are you still trying to form a request for the iscServer dataProtocol? That's a waste of time - this format is undocumented and subject to change without notice. You need to use RestHandler, which is simpler, documented and supported.

Comment

Working...
        X