Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Localization of binary field's automatically added maxFileSize validator

Hi Isomorphic.

Is there any way to add a localized message to the basic maxFileSize validator you automatically add to binary fields when the DataSourceField has the maxFileSize property set to some value?

Thanks

SmartGWT 6.0p 2016-05-11
    Last edited by carlossierra; 20 May 2016, 07:07.

Just to clarify, I am not asking for regular validator message localization, which I know how to do. I am asking about this particular error message that is introduced by you here:

When a FileItem or UploadItem is bound to a "binary" DataSourceField with a maxFileSize setting, a maxFileSize-type validator is automatically added to the item's validators. In supported browsers, a maxFileSize validator is a client-side check that the size of a file selected for upload does not exceed the field's maxFileSize. Note, however, that server-side enforcement of the maxFileSize is always required because the user's browser might not support client-side file size checks. Also, any client-side check can be bypassed by a malicious user.
    Thanks!

Comment

You should use DataSource.maxFileSizeExceededMessage in order to add a custom localized message for the automatically added maxFileSize validator. Please see this thread for details. Note that related fixes are available for download in nightly builds since June 17 (tomorrow).

Comment

Thanks Isomorphic...

Comment

Working...
        X