Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

customSelectExpression or customSQLExpression but no customUpdateExpression

Am connection to a DS which uses datetime type, I used customeSelectExpression to separate the date with time.

<DataSource ID="EPGDS" serverType="sql" dataSourceVersion="1" dbName="EPG" schema="data"
    tableName="DATA" audit="false">
    <fields>
    <field name="SCHEDULE_ITEM_ID" primaryKey="true" required="true" />
    <field name="PROGRAMME_NAME" type="text" length="100" required="true" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="EPG_TITLE" type="text" length="40"/>
    <field name="US_EPISODE_NO" type="float"/>
    <field name="EPISODE_NO" type="float"/>
    <field name="PARENTAL_CODE" type="text" required="true" length="40" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/> <!--lookup EPG_PARENTAL_CODE -->
    <field name="SERIES_NAME" type="text" length="50"/>
    <field name="SERIES_YEAR" type="text" length="4" required="false" />
    <field name="SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME" type="datetime" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator" />
    <field name="DURATION" type="text" customSelectExpression ="to_char(to_date(DURATION,'sssss'),'hh24:mi:ss')"/>
    <field name="CHANNEL_NAME" type="text" length="30"/>
    <field name="EPG_GENRE" type="text" length="100" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="EPG_SUB_GENRE" type="text" length="100" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="SYNOPSIS" type="text" length="1000" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="LONG_DESCRIPTION" type="text" length="4000" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="LAST_MODIFIED_DATE" type="DATE"/>
    <field name="START_TIME" type="time" customSelectExpression = "TO_DATE(TO_CHAR(SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME,'hh24:mi:ss'),'hh24:mi:ss')" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="END_TIME" type="time" customSelectExpression = "TO_DATE(to_char(SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME + DURATION/24/60/60,'hh24:mi:ss'),'hh24:mi:ss')" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    <field name="SERIES_NO" type="text" length="40" editRequiresRole="EPG Coordinator"/>
    </fields>
    <operationBindings>
    <operationBinding operationType="fetch" operationID="fetchEPG">
    <orderClause> SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME ASC</orderClause>

</whereClause> -->
    </operationBinding>
    </operationBindings>

</DataSource>

I also have a form which updates the DS, here is the js. I want to capture a new starttime on the form but it ignores it cause I used customSelectExpression and when I try use customUpdateExpression it does not display the
    information on the client and it still does not take the input. please assist with this query.

isc.DynamicForm.create({
    ID:"epgUpdateFrm", autoDraw:false,
    dataSource:"EPGDS", //numCols:4,//height:200,
    fields:[
    {name:"CHANNEL_NAME",title:"Channel", width:"200",editorType: "staticText",canEdit:false},
    {name:"PROGRAMME_NAME" ,type:"text",width:"200",emptyCellValue: "<font size='2' color='red'><strong>Click to edit</strong> </font>"},
    //{name:"SCHEDULE_ITEM_ID" ,title:"Programme #",editorType:"staticText",width:"200", canEdit:false,canFilter:false,
    // align:"left"},
    {name:"PARENTAL_CODE" ,title:"Parental Code",required:true,type: "select", width:"200",align:"left",
    optionDataSource:"ParentalCodesDS",pickListWidth:200, displayField:"PARENTAL_RATING",
    valueField:"DVBCODE"},
    //{name:"SERIES_YEAR", width:"200",align:"left",editorType:"staticText", required:false,canEdit:false},
    {name:"SERIES_NO" ,title:"Series #",type:"number", width:"200",emptyCellValue: "Unknown"},
    {name:"EPISODE_NO", editorType:"staticText",width:"200",align:"left",canEdit:false},
    {name:"EPG_GENRE" ,type:"select", width:"200",title:"EPG Genre",required:true,
    optionDataSource:"GenreDS",displayField:"DESCRIPTION", valueField:"GENRE_CODE"},
    {name:"EPG_SUB_GENRE" ,type:"select", width:"200",title:"EPG Sub Genre",required:true,
    optionDataSource:"SubGenreDS",valueField:"DESCRIPTION", displayField:"DESCRIPTION"},
    {name:"SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME",title:"Schedule Date",editorType:"staticText",canFilter:false, format: "dd-MM-yyyy", width:"160", align:"left",visible:false, canEdit:false},
    {name:"START_TIME",title:"Start Time",type:"time", width:"80",align:"left",canSave:true,canEdit:true,canFilter:false},
    {name:"END_TIME",title:"End Time",type:"time", width:"80",align:"left",canEdit:true,canFilter:false},
    {name:"DURATION", type:"text", width:"100",canSave:true,canEdit:true,align:"left",canFilter:false},
    {name:"SYNOPSIS" ,type:"textItem" ,width:"300",canEdit:true},
    {name:"LONG_DESCRIPTION" ,type:"text", width:"300",canEdit:true}
    ],
    wrapItemTitles:false
    });
    isc.Button.create({ ID:"v_saveEpg", autoDraw:false,title:"Save",
    icon:Page.getAppImgDir()+ "/generalicons/save.png",
    click:function(){
    isc.RPCManager.startQueue();
    epgUpdateFrm.saveData();
    isc.RPCManager.sendQueue();
    }
    });
    isc.Button.create({ ID:"v_refreshEpg", autoDraw:false,title:"Refresh",
    icon:Page.getAppImgDir()+ "/generalicons/refresh.png",
    click:function(){
    fetchEPGdata();
    }
    })

isc.HStack.create({ID:"v_epgUpdateButtonsStack",autoDraw:false,width:"100%",//height:30,
    membersMargin:6,margin:6,
    members:[v_saveEpg,v_refreshEpg],showEdges:false, edgeSize:2, showShadow:false
    });

isc.VLayout.create({
    ID:"epgUpdateVLayout",membersMargin:6,margin:6,
    autoDraw:false,
    members:[epgUpdateFrm,v_epgUpdateButtonsStack]
    })

Hello ntsakobilas,

try using
    Code:
    <field name="START_TIME" customUpdateExpression="$values.START_TIME" ... />
    <field name="END_TIME" customUpdateExpression="$values.END_TIME" ... />
    Best regards
    Blama

Comment

I don't have START_TIME and END_TIME on its field from the database, I only have SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME which is datetime format hence I use customeSelectExpression. Is their a way of separating the date and time on display(on the client) and also allow for edit (update)

Comment

Hi,

sorry, I missed that one. You can definitely solve this - either in Velocity, or, as it might be a bit complicated, in DMI.
        Create a hidden .ds.xml-field SCHEDULE_DATE_TIME. In Velocity you would take a customUpdateExpression of something involving $values.START_TIME and/or $values.END_TIME, values.DURATION. Same for DMI, where you just set the value in an custom add or update-override.
        As START_TIME and END_TIME have no DB-column, you don't need (=must not have) a customUpdateExpression there.

I think that I would do it in DMI. On the client side, make sure that START_TIME and END_TIME match DURATION at all times.
        If you are using the latest version, you could perhaps also use the new feature formula fields.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

I Have duration in milliseconds on the database. I want to format it to be HH:MM and I also want to allow input on the form. Please assist with ideas of how to go about it.

Comment

My smartclient application doesnt want to work on Internet Explore, but it used to work three month ago. Is their any changes on Isomorphic?

Comment

Working...
            X