Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Filtering bug in latest patched versions

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-07-26/LGPL Development Only (built 2016-07-26) and previous versions since 2016-07-20 aprox
    Firefox 26 devel mode. Chrome latest compiled mode

After reporting a bug two weeks ago I couldn't continue with development due new introduced bugs in the patched versions where previous bug was fixed. Now when you try to filter by primary key id field defined as DataSourceIntegerField Criteria field is changed to an empty record and only the first char is mantained in the filtereditor. Doesn't happen with other DataSourceIntegerFields nor other DataSourceField types. It doesn't seems to be the fields order neither

See attached testcase. Try to filter in the first column using 25 as value for example

Best regards
    Attached Files

We don't see the behavior you describe with your testcase, in either LGPL or Eval builds of 6.0p dated 2016-07-26. When we key 25 into the filter editor and click the filter button, the value 25 remains in the filter editor. No filtering happens, but that's because the testcase has no data - if we add a few records via setData() and setFilterLocalData(true) on the grid, we can see that it is also filtering correctly. Perhaps we have misunderstood the error report, or we are doing something different to you, but as things stand, we do not see a bug to address.

Comment

I've tried 2016-7-27 too and same problem happens in the basic code of the testcase. Cleaned the browsers cache and the project and still the behaviour still happens. As you say it doesn't happen in the showcase using the same version. I'll keep trying. The code couldn't be simpler

Maybe I didn't explained myself very well. This is the behaviour I'm seeing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Animation.gif
Views:	48
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	239429
      and the Criteria passed is (SmartGWT Dev Console log)
      Code:
      09:36:43.814:MUP3:INFO:ResultSet:isc_ListGrid_0:Creating new isc.ResultSet for operation 'isc_SmartGWTTest_TestDS_0_fetch' with filterValues: {
          "id":{
          }
      }
      Bes regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Your filterValues don't make sense. Somehow you've got an empty object ("{}") where you should see the entered criteria.

If you are using either a quite old (2.4 or earlier) or very recent version of GWT (perhaps a beta), try using a recent but not beta version.

Be sure you have also removed any third-party JavaScript libraries that are present in the page.

Comment

I'm using the latest patched (6.0, not devel 6.1) SmartGWT LGPL version, GWT 2.6 and no third party libs. The testcase is straight SmartGWT. If I add an FilterEditorSubmitHandler the returned Criteria is a record with an id attribute without value. The behaviour happens in the main project so I decided to do a testcase. I'll keep working on it

Bets regards and thanks for your support

Comment

It certainly is a straightforward test case, and aside from this test case, we also show many automated tests with similar coverage that are performing normally. We'd recommend trying other machines and freshly installed environments, and looking at unusual variables like whether JDK vendor or version differs between machines where the test succeeds vs fails. Please do let us know if you isolate the problem.

Comment

Ok, I'll keep trying to isolate the problem. FYI if I switch back to version v11.0p_2016-07-14/LGPL Development Only (built 2016-07-14) this behaviour doesn't happen in the testcase nor the main project

Best regards

Comment

Yes, it doesn't happen for us in that version either.

Comment

After doing some research and replicate this problem in other coworkers machines and fresh enviroment installs, this issue doesn't happen when using GWT 2.7+ and the same SmartGWT 6 patched version

Comment

Are you saying you can still reproduce this in GWT 2.6? Because we can't reproduce that either.

Probably the best theory for what happened here is that your GWT installation became corrupt in some way. Updating GWT fixed that, not because there's an actual issue with 2.6, but because it eliminated some corrupted part of your installation.

Comment

As I said this can be reproduced in my coworkers machines and in new fresh installations. If I switch back to GWT 2.6 it still happens. So without touching the code nor the SmartGWT version, it seems to be something related to GWT 2.6. But as you said you can't reproduce the error in the testcase or the showcase. Something changed somewhere. Lets see if I cand find it and isolate the problem

Best regards

Comment

We matched versions exactly and did additional testing, and still could not reproduce your issue.

Regards
                        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                        X