Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SQLDataSource: How to generate for a integer field the sql expression field = 12345?

Hi,

I'm using smartgwt-power-3.0p.2012-07-17, oracle-11g and several sql datasources.
    One datasource has a field:
    <field name="amount" type="integer" nativeName="AMOUNT" operator="equals" />

and the generated fetch query looks like:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM (SELECT /*+ FIRST_ROWS(75) */ a.*, rownum myrownum FROM (
    	SELECT COLUMN1,AMOUNT		
    	FROM TABLE1
    	WHERE AMOUNT = '12345'
    	ORDER BY 
    	COLUMN1 DESC
    ) a where rownum <=76) WHERE myrownum >= 1
    In database the AMOUNT column has the type NUMBER(16).

Our DBA said that the condition AMOUNT = '12345' should be changed to AMOUNT = 12345 in order to give Oracle the possibility to use the existing index on AMOUNT column.
    How can I do that?
    I thought that by specifying the integer type the SQLDataSource will generate and expression like AMOUNT = 12345 and not AMOUNT = '12345'.

Regards,
    Mihnea

We're looking at this - it's really an Oracle bug that it doesn't treat these as equivalent, but it looks like we can safely remove the quotes when the value is numeric and it's not a string-oriented operator (like startsWith).

Comment

Do you have any news about this issue?

Comment

We've fixed this in 3.1d. We currently don't plan to apply it to 3.0p as it's fairly fundamental (not a "patch") and only works around an Oracle bug. Can you use it in 3.1d?

Comment

Thank you for the fix.
          We currently use 3.0p and have no plan yet to change to 3.1d.
          Would be good if you could apply this change also to 3.0p.

Comment

That's unfortunate, but again, we don't plan to apply it to 3.0p - it's not appropriate as a patch. 3.1 GA will be out soon enough and we'd recommend testing against 3.1d now.

Comment

When is planned to be released 3.1 GA?

Comment

I tested with smartgwtpower-3.1d-20121012 and works well with the field defined like:
                <field name="amount" type="integer" nativeName="AMOUNT" operator="equals" />
                but if the field is defined like:
                <field name="amount" type="long" nativeName="AMOUNT" operator="equals" />
                is doesn't work, it still generates something like AMOUNT = '1234'.
                Is it a bug?

Comment

type="long" is not a valid field type. It's being interpreted as a text field for that reason. The valid field types are in the QuickStart Guide and JavaDoc.

Comment

Working...
                  X