Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT app freezes for 10-20 sec when a user opens a section of SectionStack

SmartGWT application freezes for 10-20 sec when a user opens a section of SectionStack.
    This happens in Chrome 52 and below (also tested with version 48).
    The application works fine in IE and Firefox.
    Similar effect can be seen when a user click on a tab. Delay is less in my test application but can be longer in my application which use RestDataSource.
    I provided test application. See attachement. To recreate issue try to click several times on Section 1.
    SmartGWT version 6.0p (SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-08-10/LGPL). GWT version 2.6.1 or 2.5.1.
    Looks like a bug with interaction between SmartGWT and Chrome.
    Can you please suggest fix or workaround?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DmitryF; 12 Aug 2016, 07:42.

Does this happen for you with Dev Mode, Super Dev Mode, Compiled Mode, or multiple modes?

Does this happen if Chrome's built-in Dev Tools are not open?

Have you been able to reproduce this on more than one machine? In particular, on a machine in which Chrome has all default settings and no extensions installed/active?

Comment

We were not able to reproduce the issue with the test application provided. Perhaps you could provide detailed information on how to reproduce the issue.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thank you for investigation.
        It seems Chrome issue. Chrome 52.0.x 32bit has this problem on Windows 7 SP1 64bit. This happens in prod GWT mode on multiple workstations in my company.
        Chrome 52.0.x 64bit does not have this issue.

Comment

Just to make it official - since this seems to be a Chrome internal problem on a rare variation of Chrome, and is very unlikely to be something we can actually work around in JavaScript, we don't plan to take any action here - we'll just hope that Chrome fixes the problem in a future version.

Comment

Working...
          X