Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Timeline creating events

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...imple_timeline

1. If you click 6/7 and drag to 6/8, you create an event spanning two days. Why is the event not covering the complete days, but part of them (the lower half)? see screenshot. Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-06 um 16.20.32.png
Views:	36
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	240619

2. If you do the same in the opposite direction:
    click on 7/8 and drag to 6/7, the event created only spans one day. (6/7). The first day selected is not being taken into account.

Hi Isomorphic,

I can confirm this one (tested in the online showcase with Chromium 53.0.2785.143).

3. Also, when you start at 6/8 press the mouse, go back to 6/7 (or even further back), still hold the mouse, go forward to 6/10, release, the event will start at 6/7 and not 6/8, as I'd expect.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

edulid - we're not sure what you mean by "Why is the event not covering the complete days, but part of them (the lower half)? see screenshot. " - the screenshot you posted seems to show various events, and all of them cover the full day. Please read the docs on what eventSnapGap does, and understand that "the complete days" is a concept specific to whatever headerLevels you have chosen to provide.

Blama - this sounds more plausible - is there any specific example? We ask this because, as you probably noticed, *everything* is important, where calendars and timelines are concerned - from the eventSnapGap specified (or NOT specified, since null is also significant), through the "headerLevels" provided, to column-width (headerLevel.headerWidth), screen size *and the timezone that you happen to be in*.
      Last edited by Isomorphic; 6 Oct 2016, 08:19.

Comment

Concerning 1. Just look at the screenshot. The event "abc" spans only the lower part of the 2 days, even though it should span the whole area, as no more events exist.

Concerning blamas and my issue 1. : you can reproduce this in your own showcase, taking the steps described, in the link I provided (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...imple_timeline)

Comment

Oh, that's an extreme closeup of just one lane, is it? So, you mean that the events that just touch each other's edges have been sized as if they overlapped, when they really don't?

Yes, that's already been fixed,but it hasn't hit the build process yet. It will hit builds dated October 9 and later.

Comment

Yes, that is one lane, this is what I meant.
            Ok, thank you, will test with the next builds.

Comment

Working...
            X