Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

We have just committed a change to auto-consume the BOM if one is present, and you have also set the new server.properties flag "import.consume.bom" to true (the flag is just to ensure there is no behavior change unless you configure one, so we don't break customers who may be working around this problem by hand). The change will be in tomorrow's 12.0p builds (ie, those dated August 17th) - please try with your use case and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Isomorphic Software Support

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks, that does sound great. I'll give it a try.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I could not find a mention of import.consume.bom in framework.properties. Is this correct?
        I assumed this is where you always set the default value for serverside settings.

Thank you & Best regards
        Blama

Comment

That’s an internal file.

No setting will be present in this case since the default is false, same as absence of a property.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I was asking because I could not find any mention of this in the docs, e.g. serverside DataImport.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

We haven't yet documented it because so far it has only been implemented on 12.0 branch - we were waiting for you to confirm that it fixes your issue before implementing it fully on all branches, because although we have tested it with files that we manually changed to have a Byte Order Marker, we were not able to reproduce the original problem with Excel exports.

Comment

So Blama, in case that wasn't clear, could you please try it and confirm that it fixes your error case? :)

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

sorry for taking so long. I'm testing with v12.0p_2021-08-25 and can report that without a change to server.properties the issue is still here. With import.consume.bom: true the issue is gone for me with the test file I'm using.
                  I'm not sure if you already handle all cases from here (I only have one testfile currently), but I assume if the problem arises ever again, this would be easy to amend.

Thank you & Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

can you add this feature to all 12.0+ branches? Searching the docs did not bring up anything, yet.

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

It's already implemented on all branches from 11.1 onwards, but it wasn't documented. We have now added a mention of it to the server_properties group in the client ref docs, but only in release 13.0 onwards (the default also flips from false to true as of 13.0)

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

perfect, thank you. Also the docs are clear to me.
                        There is a typo in server.properties here.

Best regards
                        Blama

Comment

Working...
                        X