Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

multi update timeline events

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-05-28/Pro Deployment (built 2016-05-28)

I have a databound Timeline with a custom datasource and I am having some trouble getting multi-update to work.

My timeline events can have dependencies on some of the other events which means that when repositioning/resizeing an event one or more other events may also get updated on the server.
    I make sure to return all updated events in the update operation response and that usally works just fine, but if the response contains an event which starts before the original updated event I get the following error message and the original event disappears:
    Code:
    14:38:57.123:XRP3:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (dataSource: user_task_allocations, created by: isc_Timeline_0):Update operation - submitted record with primary key value[s]:{eventId: "t33497u19"} returned with modified primary key:{eventId: "t33497u18"}. This may indicate bad server logic. Updating cache to reflect new primary key.
    I have tried turning on allowMultiUpdate on the update operation in the datasource like this:
    Code:
        <operationBindings>
            <binding operationType="update" allowMultiUpdate="true" />
        </operationBindings>
    I couldn't find anything about the expected datastructure of multiUpdate operations in the docs.
    Am I missing something? Do I need to send the id of all the events that will be updated from the client?

Hi Niels_EMP,

allowMultiUpdate is something different - update/delete operations with allowMultiUpdate do not need to include a PK.

You are changing a single row in your client operation and in the server DMI you update related rows as well, correct?
    Then return your normal update-response, but include the the other updates via initalUpdateResponse.addRelatedUpdate(otherResponse).

Please note that this is how you would do it for ListGrids, but I'm pretty sure the same concept applies here as well.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thanks Blama you're a life saver!

Comment

Working...
      X