Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IE11 TextAreaItem in ListGrid editing problem (5.1p / 6.0p)

Hi Isomorphic,

a user of mine using IE11 has a problem editing TextAreaItems that have no content. The new content after editing is discarded.
    I can reproduce using the IE11 on Win7 VM from Microsoft.
    To see the issue, please open the online showcase "Complete App"-sample (now on v11.0p_2016-11-22, but also happening in the v10.1p_2016-11-08 I use).
    • Click "Office Paper Products", see a list with 9 items
    • Doubleclick the "Description"-field for an item currently without description
    • Enter some text
    • Exit the editor
    • See that the text is discarded
    The behavior for an existing description (row 1) is different:
    • Changing to a different content works
    • Changing to no content works
    • Changing from no content to content does not work
    For me, this happens in a BatchUploader ListGrid, bit it seems to be ListGrid-related and not dependent on using BatchUploader.
    This is an important one for me.

Best regards
    Blama

Exact version used:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IE-Version.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	241448

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

The problem was that ListGrid code was checking for the new value being different *after* it had already been updated by IE-specific native mouse event-handling - it only occurred if you use the mouse to shift focus.

It's fixed for builds dated November 25 and later - in the meantime, you can work around it by just tabbing out of the PopUpTextAreaItem before shifting focus with the mouse.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can confirm that tabbing out of the field works and will retest leaving the field with the mouse with the Nov, 25th build.
        Thanks handling this fast.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

using v10.1p_2016-11-25 the IE11 problem is fixed in both the online showcase as well as in my application.

Thanks a lot,
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X