Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RestDataSource problem when generating a DataSource twice with "new"

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm creating a 2nd SmartGWT project (a connector that will connect my system with different other systems).
    In order to display some data from my system I'm using RestDataSource.

Here I have the problem that I get this warning in the Dev Mode Tab in Eclipse when using the same RestDataSource twice with new:
    Code:
    [ERROR] [connector] - 12:42:35.222:MUP0:WARN:Log:Specified ID: T_LEADTEMPERATURE collides with the ID for an existing SmartGWT component or object. The existing object will be destroyed and the ID bound to the new object.
    The DataSource I use is defined as below:

LeadtemperatureDS.java:
    Code:
    package com.lmscompany.connector.client.datasources;

import com.lmscompany.connector.shared.type.RestDatasourceEnum;
    import com.lmscompany.connector.shared.type.RestDatasourceFieldEnum;
    import com.smartgwt.client.data.fields.DataSourceBooleanField;
    import com.smartgwt.client.data.fields.DataSourceIntegerField;
    import com.smartgwt.client.data.fields.DataSourceTextField;

public class LeadtemperatureDS extends LMSRestDataSource {

public LeadtemperatureDS() {
            super();
            setID(RestDatasourceEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE.getValue());

DataSourceIntegerField id = new DataSourceIntegerField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__ID.getValue());
            id.setPrimaryKey(true);
            id.setCanEdit(false);

DataSourceTextField shortname = new DataSourceTextField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__SHORTNAME.getValue());
            DataSourceTextField name = new DataSourceTextField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__NAME.getValue());
            DataSourceTextField description = new DataSourceTextField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__DESCRIPTION.getValue());
            DataSourceIntegerField position = new DataSourceIntegerField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__POSITION.getValue());
            DataSourceBooleanField available = new DataSourceBooleanField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__AVAILABLE.getValue());

setFields(id, shortname, name, description, position, available);
        }
    }
    Now I use it twice like the following in a ListGridField:

ListGridField snippet:
    Code:
                ListGridField leadtemperatureLGF = new ListGridField(DatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADIMPORT_SETTINGS__LEADTEMPERATURE_ID.getValue());
                [B]leadtemperatureLGF.setOptionDataSource(new LeadtemperatureDS());[/B]
                leadtemperatureLGF.setValueField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__ID.getValue());
                leadtemperatureLGF.setDisplayField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__NAME.getValue());

SelectItem leadtemperatureSI = new SelectItem();
                [B]leadtemperatureSI.setOptionDataSource(new LeadtemperatureDS());[/B]
                leadtemperatureSI.setOptionCriteria(
                        new AdvancedCriteria(new Criterion(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__AVAILABLE.getValue(), OperatorId.EQUALS, true)));
                leadtemperatureSI.setValueField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__ID.getValue());
                leadtemperatureSI.setSortField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__POSITION.getValue());
                leadtemperatureSI.setDisplayField(RestDatasourceFieldEnum.T_LEADTEMPERATURE__NAME.getValue());
                leadtemperatureLGF.setEditorProperties(leadtemperatureSI);

usedFields.add(leadtemperatureLGF);
    I think that I need the setID() in my RestDataSource-subclass as otherwise it is not clear for the RESTHandler-servlet which DataSource to ask.
    So my next thought is: Do I need to use a singleton for my RestDataSource-subclass?

Is this correct, and if so, is it documented somewhere?

Thank you & Best regards
    Blama

You can't create two instances of any SmartGWT object with the same global ID: Canvas, FormItem, DataSource, etc.

Create one instance of the DataSource and re-use it.

Comment

Working...
    X