Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Email Picker thoughts

Hi all,

I'm looking to revamp an email editor which I have in my application and I'm looking to take inspiration from how gmail and hotmail do it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gmail-selecting-contacts.gif
Views:	42
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	241721

So the bit I'm interested in recreating in SmartGWT is the email address picker, so there is three parts to this...
    1. Auto suggesting email addresses
    2. Having a list of suggested people, so without typing, when I click in the field I should have some suggest people based on whatever logic (most recently emailed, etc...)
    3. Displaying the already selected emails

I'm just interested to know, if anyone has done anything similar or has anyone any idea how best achieve this?

My initial thoughts are,
    1. using a combo box with the picker icon hidden to provide the auto suggest, that's fine, I do that a lot already.
    2. The suggested people options, I think I can achieve this with special values (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...bobox_category)
    3. Showing the selected emails with a picker, there is this (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...bobox_category) But I think when I looked at this before, I can't use special values with this. So I'm guessing the best option would be to have a FlowLayout ? and manually add buttons into to display the selected email addresses, have a small form with a combo box in it as the last/first item in the flow layout?

Thanks,
    Dale

Hi ellisd5,

I have a similar use case. I do the following
    • DynamicForm with one ComboBoxItem with the picker icon hidden like you mentioned
    • ComboBoxItem has setPickListProperties(searchListGrid)
    • searchListGrid has many columns and a addCellClickHandler for the actual action
    • ComboBoxItem has addEditorExitHandler that clears the ComboBoxItem via clearValue()
    See also this thread.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Working...
    X