Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

How ro create simple SmartGwt app?

Hello :o) !!

​I would like to create a simple SmartGwt project. In order to create it I did following steps:
    1. I created a new GWT project with sample code without app engine. This project without smartgwt works properly.
    2. Then I added smartgwt-skins.jar, smartgwt.jar and smartgwtee.jar to project libraries
    ​3. I modified following files:

3.1. My JAVA-code:
    package st.client; import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
    import com.smartgwt.client.widgets.IButton;

public class ST implements EntryPoint {

IButton button=null;

public void onModuleLoad()
    {
    button=new IButton("Hello");
    button.draw();
    }
    }

3.2. My XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.7.0//EN"
    "http://gwtproject.org/doctype/2.7.0/gwt-module.dtd">
    <module rename-to='st'>
    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>

<entry-point class='st.client.ST'/>
    </module>

3.3. My HTML:
    <!doctype html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
    <title>Web Application Starter Project</title>
    <script> var isomorphicDir = "st/sc/"; </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="st/st.nocache.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="st/loadScriptTagFiles.js"></script>
    </head>
    <body>
    Hello!!
    <iframe src="javascript:''" id="__gwt_historyFrame" tabIndex='-1' style="position:absolute;width:0;height:0;border:0"></iframe>
    </body>
    </html>

​4. My Result (in SuperDev mode):
    Blank page. Empty. Nothing. No button. (Except of "Hello!!" of course, which is hard-coded in my HTML-file)

​I spent two days to get it work but without any success. Can somebody help before I switch to another framework?

​BTW It would be very nice if IsomorphicSoftware would provide us with a simplest "HelloWorld"-project for Eclipse NEON, which is simply working - I would appreciate... :-)

Cheers from Munich / Germany
    Last edited by caitanya; 6 Dec 2016, 18:40.

Hallo caitanya,

generally speaking I'd always start with the BuiltInDS project from the EE Eval download. It includes a ready-to-run Eclipse project file.

Besides of this:
    • Do you see JS errors when calling the page?
    • Do you see HTTP 404s to the SmartGWT framework JS files?
    • Do you see HTTP calls to the SmartGWT framework JS files at all?
    I do think that you need to load the framework JS files before your application.
    Does it work for you when you change the order of st.nocache.js and loadScriptTagFiles.js? I load them manually, so I don't know exactly what loadScriptTagFiles.js does.

Also: I work in Munich (Schwabing) as well and am always looking to meet other SmartGWT devs in the Munich area.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Hello Caitanya,
      Blama is right that the "Built In DS" is a good sample to start with.
      Also we'd very much recommend taking a good read through the Quick Start Guide - http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt-...tart_Guide.pdf.
      There are also a number of useful overview topics in JavaDoc available under the special "docs" package - one that may particularly help is the special setup and deployment overview here: http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...wtEESetup.html

If you have specific problems, these forums are have an active community of developers and are a great resource for finding information.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software
      Last edited by Isomorphic; 8 Dec 2016, 10:33.

Comment

Working...
      X