Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

"page loading" modai dialog

Hi,

our page takes quite a while to load, so we're going to look into creating some sort of load-dialog. You have a square-shaped one in your showcase, but i couldn't see the source for that anywhere. Is there an example somewhere that i've missed?

Hi mathias,

I use the same technique. Just do a "view source" on the showcase. Its HTML+JS and not SmartGWT/Java.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Right, thanks! Do youj know if there's a way to take into account the time it takes to load all those mega-javascript-library files?

Comment

Hi mathias,

this the relevant excerpt of my main JSP file. You can perhaps simplify it a bit.

Code:
                <script type="text/javascript">var isomorphicDir = "myproj/sc/"; var buildDate="<%=buildDate %>"</script>

<script type="text/javascript">document.getElementById('loadingMsg').innerHTML = 'Loading Core API...';</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js<%=version %>"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">document.getElementById('loadingMsg').innerHTML = 'Loading UI Components...';</script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/modules/ISC_Foundation.js<%=version %>" ></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/modules/ISC_Containers.js<%=version %>"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js<%=version %>"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js<%=version %>"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">document.getElementById('loadingMsg').innerHTML = 'Loading Data API...';</script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/modules/ISC_DataBinding.js<%=version %>"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">document.getElementById('loadingMsg').innerHTML = 'Loading DataSources...';</script>

<% /** Load the datasources **/ %>
                <script src="myproj/sc/DataSourceLoader<%=version %>&amp;lastDSChange=<%=dsLastChangedISO %>&amp;loggedInUserName=<%=loggedInUserName %>&amp;locale=<%=userLanguage %>&amp;dataSource=<%=outputDataSources()%>"></script>

<% /** Load skin **/ %>
                <script type="text/javascript">document.getElementById('loadingMsg').innerHTML = 'Loading skin...';</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="myproj/sc/skins/Simplicity/load_skin.js<%=version %>"></script>

<% /** This script loads your compiled module. If you add any GWT meta tags, they must be added before this line. **/ %>
                <script type="text/javascript">document.getElementById('loadingMsg').innerHTML = 'Loading product';</script>
                <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="myproj/myproj.nocache.js"></script>
        I also have this in my main Java file, don't know if it is needed:
        Code:
                                RootPanel.get("productName").getElement().removeFromParent();
                                RootPanel.get("loadingMsg").getElement().removeFromParent();
                                RootPanel.get("waitMsg").getElement().removeFromParent();
                                RootPanel.get("productImg").getElement().removeFromParent();
                                RootPanel.get("loadingIndicator").getElement().removeFromParent();
                                RootPanel.get("loading").getElement().removeFromParent();
                                RootPanel.get("loadingWrapper").getElement().removeFromParent();
        Best regards
        Blama

Comment

You might be interested in this client side caching post as well.

Comment

Blama,

huge thanks for taking the time to answer to this. It's really useful and i hope to look at it shortly. Hard to find time to do everything at once when you're a small team :)

Comment

Working...
            X