Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Enhancement: FormItem.setEnabledIfCondition() analogue to setShowIfCondition()

Hi Isomorphic,

I need to build something as your sample here. I also saw this sample which does the same for show/hide, but in a more declarative way with setShowIfCondition(FormItemIfFunction showIf).

I'd suggest to add a similar function named setEnabledIfCondition(FormItemEnabledFunction enabledIf).

This is only minor as there is another way to solve this use case.

Best regards
    Blama

Take a look at FormItem.enableWhen: you can set criteria for when an item is enabled based on automatically collected state in nearby DataBoundComponents.

Given this feature, we probably will not add a second API that works in terms of a function - semantics for when the function should be consulted are not as clear as with the *when attributes.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

there is no setEnableWhen in FormItem, only in the DynamicForm (inherited from Canvas).
      I also checked the 11.0 SmartClient docs - enableWhen is available on FormItemIcon, Tab, Canvas, MenuItem.

Did I miss something?

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Sorry, the correct attribute is readOnlyWhen, which can then cause disabled appearance (or other presentations of read only fields) via readOnlyDisplay.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thank you. It was added in 6.0, but I'm long overdue to change here anyway. I'll do so and then use it.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X