Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Undocumented properties?

Hi - there could very well be a very simple response to this question, so let's hope...

We are using a number of properties that are set on the database configuration in server.properties for which I am unable to find documentation. I do see references to these properties in forum posts made by colleagues of mine, and to which you have responded (including acknowledging some of these properties, as well as agreeing to add new ones). However, I'm unable to find formal mention of them anywhere in your Javadoc (except for defaultDateTimeFormatWithMilliseconds which is mentioned in the documentation of DataSourceField.storeMilliseconds).

Can you please point me to where I will find the relevant documentation for:
    1. sql.[dbname].autoJoinTransactions
    2. sql.[dbname].defaultDateType
    3. sql.[dbname].defaultDateFormat
    4. sql.[dbname].defaultDateTimeFormat
    5. sql.[dbname].defaultDateTimeFormatWithMilliseconds
    6. sql.[dbname].trimTextFields
    7. sql.[dbname].naming
    Much appreciated.

Regards,
    Gary O'Donnell

General SQL settings are covered in the SQL Settings overview.

Other available settings are introduced in the relevant area of the docs, for example, autoJoinTransactions is covered under dataSource.autoJoinTransactions, which is the central doc for that subsystem.

Similarly defaultDateTimeFormatWithMilliseconds is documented under dataSourceField.defaultDateTimeFormatWithMilliseconds.

The other properties you mention are not documented because they are not intended to be set in the normal course of development - they are internal properties that we use to make our code adapt to the behaviors of different databases. As with other undocumented properties, we have discussed them on the forums with developers who dug in and found out about them, but they remain undocumented and unsupported for normal use.

Comment

Aha! - Thanks for the response. That makes perfect sense.

Regards,
      Gary O'Donnell

Comment

Working...
      X