Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Window.setMembersMargin(30) only affects 1st "member"

Hi Isomorphic,

please see the testcase in this thread (current 5.1p, v10.1p_2017-03-02).

If you play with the setMembersMargin(30) you'll see that this indeed has an effect, but only moves the 1st member. There is no spacing *between* members.
    I know that the Window-"members" are added via addItem(), but as Window also inherits from VLayout, I'm not sure if this is a bug or works as expected.

If I look at the generated components in Developer Console Watch-tab, I see that isc_Window_1_body is a Layout.
    So my assumption is that the inherited setMembersMargin(30) doesn't have the expected because the main(?) VLayout has only one child (the body-Layout).
    Perhaps it would be good if you @overwrote it to target the body-Layout instead? This is just my assumption and I don't know if this is even possible.

Best regards
    Blama

To set a membersMargin for the items in a Window, set the memberMargin on the "body" AutoChild, which is what contains the items. Window.membersMargin controls spacing between the header, body and footer and needs to remain a functioning property, independent of body.membersMargin, or there would be no way to control the spacing of the AutoChildren of Window for skinning and other purposes.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK, thank you. I already assumed something like this was happening. I did not think of the AutoChild-possibility. This is of course the even better solution.

Thank you for the fast answer,
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X