Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Multi select drop down value and display field issue when data is denormalized

Hi,

I am facing problem with multi select drop down display and value field, When table is not normalized.

I am giving display field as name and value field as id . Ids are comma separated values in table. i.e they are not normalized as multiple comma separated ids are stored in single column. Comma separated ids are present in one table and their names are present in other table. On front end we want names to be displayed corresponding to the above ids Below are issues:

a) When we are converting the list of ids to list of names on our end and mapping selectitem fields with list of names then on giving value field as name it shows the values coming from database as checked but on giving the value field as id , which is my requirement it does not shows the value coming from database as selected.

b) In edit mode when use select multiple names from the drop down their ids are displayed instead of names. For this I many of your posts you suggested to use includefrom property based on foreign key but in our case table is not normalised hence no primary key foreign key relation . So how can we do this?

Please suggest

Hi Nitika Thareja,

you can always create a view in the DB with the columns you want/need or a DataSource operationBinding with custom tableClause and bind that to your LisdGridField (perhaps after joining it to your table in .ds.xml).

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Working...
    X