Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Any published variant of smartgwt jars with smartclient js sources not minified?

Sometimes I would like to debug SmartGWT deeply till SmartClient javascript sources (i.e. with Firebug), but the version provided with SmartGWT contains a minified version of that code (for obvious reasons).
    Is there any published variant of smartgwt jars providing a human readable version of smartclient sources? That way I guess the gwt compiler would copy them as resources and they would be available for js debugging at the browser side.

I can make that jars myself somewhat following advices from an existing thread but first I'd like to know if they are already available (or if mine is simply an awful idea).
    On the other hand - if the idea is not too bad - it would be great if such a variant would be exposed to maven artifact resolution as an additional variant (i.e. 'com.smartgwt:smartgwt:3.0:debug').

Using SmartGWT 3.0.

This is something we're working on, which we hope to expose as a set of *Debug GWT modules that you can switch to in order to work with non-minified sources.

Comment

Any news?

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      This is something we're working on, which we hope to expose as a set of *Debug GWT modules that you can switch to in order to work with non-minified sources.
      Any news on GWT modules with non-minified sources?

Comment

Not sure if this is quite what you're looking for, but when I change my module.gwt.xml inherits from

<inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoTheme' />
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterpriseblue.EnterpriseBlue"/>
        <inherits name='com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools'/>
        to
        <inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript' />
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.debug.SmartClientDebug"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.tools.SmartClientTools"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterpriseblue.EnterpriseBlue"/>
        <inherits name='com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools'/>
        I get the full javascript sources :)

Comment

Corresponding Debug modules exist for Pro+ now as well.

Comment

Working...
          X