Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Missing API: setShowHandCursor for ListGridField of type ListGridFieldType.IMAGE

Hi Isomorphic,

I have a ListGridField with an icon like the flag icon in this example (v11.0p_2017-03-29).
    Code:
    ListGridField countryCodeField = new ListGridField("countryCode", "Flag", 40);
    countryCodeField.setAlign(Alignment.CENTER);
    countryCodeField.setType(ListGridFieldType.IMAGE);
    countryCodeField.setImageURLPrefix("flags/16/");
    countryCodeField.setImageURLSuffix(".png");
    Is it possible that you add an API that on icon-hover there is a hand-cursor shown (like for ImgButton)?
    The reason behind this: I have an click handler on the containing cell via ListGrid.addCellClickHandler() and want to show that the icon is not for display purposes only, but also has a function.

From the intended effect it is the the hand-cursor you added here.

I'm using latest 5.1p, but 6.1d would also be OK.

Best regards
    Blama

Use listGridFieldType "icon" for an interactive icon. The field type you are using here is for a data-related icon, which is assumed non-interactive.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this does not result in the "hand" pointer, see this sample with changed field definition:
      Code:
              {name:"countryCode", title:"Flag", width:50, type:"icon", icon:"flags/16/US.png"},
      Best regards
      Blama

Comment

The cursor changes if you add a valueIconClick handler (see docs for listGridField.valueIcons).

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I checked your solution in SmartClient (not SmartGWT), and I can't get the hand cursor to show up:

Code:
          {name:"actionField", width:50, type:"icon", cellIcon:"flags/16/US.png", valueIconClick: function(){console.log("x"); return false}},
          Framework creates clickable icons by using formatCellValue with isc.Canvas.imgHTML and an undocumented parameter extraCSSText, so that's not a solution I want to use.

Currently I work around it by using createRecordComponent on grid level (where I can also set prompt text for my icon). A workaround that also works is using 'valueIcons: {undefined: "icon address"}', but it looks like framework abuse.

Comment

Working...
          X