Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Date Control in a section stack header is broken in 6.1d on IE11

I am seeing the following behavior when I click on the date control icon that is embedded in a section stack header: Clicking on the date icon causes the section to also collapse/expand. This only happens on IE11. Firefox and Chrome still work as expected: They bring up the Date chooser without causing the section to either collapse or expand. Is this a broken behavior, or is there an additional setting I need to set on the Date item?

SmartGWT version:SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-05-05/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-05-05)
    GWT verion:2.8.1

Standalone test case:

Code:
    public void onModuleLoad() {
            HTMLFlow htmlFlow = new HTMLFlow();  
            htmlFlow.setOverflow(Overflow.AUTO);  
            htmlFlow.setPadding(10);  

String contents = "<b>Severity 1</b> - Critical problem<br>System is unavailable in production or " +  
                    "is corrupting data, and the error severely impacts the user's operations." ;  

htmlFlow.setContents(contents);

final SectionStack sectionStack = new SectionStack();  
            sectionStack.setVisibilityMode(VisibilityMode.MULTIPLE);  
            sectionStack.setWidth(300);  
            sectionStack.setHeight(350);  

SectionStackSection section1 = new SectionStackSection("Section 1");  
            section1.setExpanded(true);  
            section1.addItem(htmlFlow);
            sectionStack.addSection(section1);  

SectionStackSection section2 = new SectionStackSection("Section 2");  
            section2.setExpanded(true);  
            section2.setCanCollapse(true);  
        //    section2.addItem(htmlFlow);  
            sectionStack.addSection(section2);

DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();
            m_asofDate = new DateItem("asofDate", "");//form.makeDateItem("asofDate","");
            m_asofDate.setUseTextField(true);
            m_asofDate.setUseMask(true);
            m_asofDate.setDateFormatter(DateDisplayFormat.TOJAPANSHORTDATE);

m_asofDate.setWidth(130);       
            m_asofDate.addChangedHandler(new ChangedHandler() {

@Override
                public void onChanged(ChangedEvent event) {            
                }
            });
            form.setFields(new FormItem[] {m_asofDate});

section1.setControls(form);

HLayout layout = new HLayout();  
            layout.setMembersMargin(20);  
            layout.addMember(sectionStack);

layout.draw();
        }

Also, please note that a Select Item exhibits the same broken behavior as a Date Control when placed inside a section stack header (i.e. clicking on it causes the section to expand/collapse). So it looks this problem is more widespread than just a date control issue. Please let me know if you need additional info to reproduce this problem.

Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

I can confirm that even a button does the same thing.

SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2017-04-18/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-04-18)
      GWT 2.8
      Only in IE11.
      Works in Edge and Chrome!
      Last edited by ispasov; 9 May 2017, 23:21.

Comment

In the case of Button, you should be calling cancel() from your click handler in order to prevent bubbling. We're do see the issue for the other cases and we're looking at the best fix.

Note that you'll also want to update to and retest with the latest build before reporting any more issues, since many fixes have been made in the weeks since your build.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
          In the case of Button, you should be calling cancel() from your click handler in order to prevent bubbling. We're do see the issue for the other cases and we're looking at the best fix.

Note that you'll also want to update to and retest with the latest build before reporting any more issues, since many fixes have been made in the weeks since your build.

I understand, sorry for the "noise" in this thread.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

FYI, this is the issue I reported here.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Yes, we had another look and we're just looking into why our existing logic to prevent bubbling from a SectionHeader's children isn't working in IE/Edge - we'll update when it's fixed.

Comment

This issue of clicks bubbling incorrectly to SectionStackHeaders has been addressed - you can test it in today's build.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Just an update with regard to your last post. I am still seeing the issue in today's build (SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-05-12/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-05-12)) using the same standalone test case posted above. Is there anything else I need to be doing? Is this the build that you were referring to?

Thanks,
                  Mike

Browser: IE11
                  GWT version: 2,8,1

Comment

Apologies, the change was made but wasn't applied to the build queue - please retest with the May 15 build.

Comment

Working...
                    X