Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Component to give folder path

I am using smartGWT power edition.

I need to select a location(folder) on my system where i will be saving some files. How can i take input such that user can browse and select the required path. Which smartGWT component should i use.

Hi swatiagarwal,

for obvious security reasons this is not possible in any website regardless of the technology used.

If I'm misunderstanding this, and this is about saving on the server, I think a TreeGrid with a DataSource where the fetch-DMI does the directory traversal, would be a good idea.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Thanks Blama.

I know i am repeating but just want to be sure. This is what i need

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	127
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	244966
      The user clicks on upload folder, a browse pop up appears. He then selects a folder from his system.
      This way i get the folder location.
      Then i save some file on that location.

Is it not possible?
      Attached Files

Comment

Only thing possible is like in this sample. If it shows a "Save" Dialog of just saves to your normal Download directory depends on your browser settings, e.g. "always do this action for this filetype/mimetype".
        If the download window is shown, you can't give a default path, again for security reasons.

Did you see this working anywhere in the web before?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Thanks a lot Blama. I agree with you. The application used before was a desktop application. Hence it worked there.
          Thank you

Comment

Hello,
            I have the same problème and if possible can you decsribe your solution(code and the component)
            Thank you a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X