Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Exception when closing grid with filter editor.

SmartGWT v8.2p_2012-10-09/LGPL Development Only (built 2012-10-09)
    IE9 dev mode

I have a grid with a filter editor. Everything is inside of a tab. Everything works as normal usually, and I can close/destroy the tab without an issue. When I type into the filter editor and then try to close the tab I get the following error:
    Code:
    16:50:53.760 [ERROR] [composer] 16:50:53.753:MDN4:WARN:Log:Error:
        'Unable to get value of the property 'validateOnExit': object is null or undefined'
        in http://localhost:8080/fmoc/composer/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js
        at line 1632
        crashed in:  FormItem.$844()
        Use a pre-9.0 Internet Explorer for best diagnostics, otherwise Firefox or Chrome

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 16:50:53.753:MDN4:WARN:Log:Error:
        'Unable to get value of the property 'validateOnExit': object is null or undefined'
        in http://localhost:8080/fmoc/composer/sc/modules/ISC_Forms.js
        at line 1632
        crashed in:  FormItem.$844()
        Use a pre-9.0 Internet Explorer for best diagnostics, otherwise Firefox or Chrome
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor19.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:292)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:546)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:363)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    This seems to be completely random. Some grids work perfectly fine, others do not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Brian

I've dug through the SmartGWT JS code a little bit (ISC_Forms.js). It seems that there are a bunch of references to a form that keeps returning null for the filter editor.

I was able to get this running by checking for null directly in the JavaScript code. I've attached a diff file for you to take a look in case it helps.

Brian
    Attached Files

Comment

We've rolled these changes into the framework. They will show up in nightly builds going forward (8.2p and 8.3d branches)

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
      X