Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Important docs missing: DataSourceField sqlStorageStrategy

Hi Isomorphic,

please see these docs (this is 5.1, but true for 6.0 and 6.1 as well). sqlStorageStrategy is there only in the text, not as an own attribute. Also I think there were own entries for attributes "sqlTrueValue" and "sqlFalseValue".

Could you check this and also if there is something wrong in general with the docs? There is no serverds in the 5.0 docs and serverds in the 4.1 docs only contains one entry. (I know these are very old, but if there is a general problem, it might affect newer builds as well.)

This 1st issue is pretty important for me as I want to create a column where one row is marked as default with "Y". If I could use sqlFalseValue="null", I also could create an unique constraint on that column, as all but one rows would have null as value.
    Can you answer this question also in text (and not just fix the docs issue)?

Thank you and Best regards
    Blama

We're looking at what's gone wrong with the docs, in the meantime, the SmartClient Reference has intact docs for these properties. sqlFalseValue is indeed a valid setting and will do what you want.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks for the link. sqlFalseValue is not listed to support null as value. Could you add this to your improvements list?
      There are cases where this might really help:
      • My listed use case above: A single true value over all rows, false for all other rows; in combination with a validator
      • Sparse true-columns. SELECTs only with WHERE column=true/'Y'. Here the DB index size would be way smaller if false were saved as null
      Thank you & Best regards
      Blama
      Last edited by Blama; 19 Jul 2017, 00:18. Reason: Edit: Amended the "Sparse true-columns" case with a WHERE clause

Comment

You need to look at the SGWT Enterprise Edition docs, not the SGWT LGPL docs:

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

well, that's strange. I use Chrome for surfing and there my bookmark is to the online LGPL docs. In Firefox, which I use for dev, the bookmark is to the my local "Power"-docs. Until now, I never noticed a difference between those docs.

Thank you & Best regards
          Blama

Comment

We have added support for null as value to sqlFalseValue. You'll find it implemented in next nightly build, dated September 6th.

You can specify NULL as a valid value for sqlFalseValue, using this XML notation:

Code:

<sqlFalseValue xsi:nil="true"></sqlFalseValue>
            Last edited by Isomorphic; 5 Sep 2017, 09:34.

Comment

Working...
            X