Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Docs for setPickListCriteria() don't mention setOptionCriteria()

Hi Isomorphic,

the docs for ComboBoxItem.setPickListCriteria() and SelectItem.setPickListCriteria() don't mention setOptionCriteria() which seems to be the fallback-value if setPickListCriteria() is not used.
    Is that correct? If so, could you add it to the docs?

Is the following correct:
    • setOptionCriteria: Used for fetchMissingValueReply requests
    • setPickListCriteria: Used for PickList-data requests
    Are there more differences?

Thank you and best regards
    Blama

This is all correct, and matches what the docs already say.

optionCriteria is a relatively rare usage in our opinion, so it is not prominently linked. Talking through too many use cases at once can confuse users who are trying to handle more basic cases.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK, that's enough information for me. Because I thought so (and because setOptionCriteria sometimes made my fetchMissingValueReply requests returning 0 results, resulting in ugly IDs being displayed) I switched today to setPickListCriteria-only.
      I assume I was using setOptionCriteria because you start with setOptionDatasource and then Intellisense showed setOptionCriteria as well.

Perhaps it's a good idea then to link to setPickListCriteria as the more common choice from setOptionCriteria, only.

Thank you & Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I had to look this thread up because I have a problem in this area again. Finding it via forums search was very complicated.
        This would have been more easy if the two setPickListCriteria() and setOptionCriteria() were somehow linked.
        Neither mentions that they are somehow connected.
        Also, it would be good if the setOptionCriteria() docs mentioned the word fetchMissingValueReply or missingValueReply, as this is where this is going to be used if I'm correct.

That being said I was looking for this thread as I remembered this, but was looking for different operationId for missingValueReply and normal pickList-fetch. So the pickList version of optionOperationId. I did not find it, but thinking about it I strongly assume that I can set this different to optionOperationId via pickListProperties->fetchOperation.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Hi all,

if you find this thread via search, this thread is related.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X